News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

'Danes or garb for FOF preview RSVP by March 25

Started by DonaCatalina, March 19, 2009, 11:20:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonaCatalina

Let us know if you plan on going in garb or not for the preview event.
I actually think it would be kind of cool to see an entire faireground full of garbed people.
I'll update the list as you chime in.

Dane:
Al-Nimer
Nicolas-Antoine
Don Juan de Cordoba
Dona Catalina

Garb:
Tukaram
Eloquent
Ryk
Macintyre
Lady Katherine
Sir Richard Bear
Queeneleanore
SandrineDeLaTombe
Var Greyshadow
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Ronald the Bald

In the past we were asked not to come in garb. Only the cast is in garb so that they can see who is not cast and practice their act with them.

Ronald the Bald

Oops! I read in another post that garb is being allowed this time due to pics for IDs being made at the FOF event. Now I have to decide if I want to do that. Already have the ID, but I really like wearing garb.

captmarga

Yes, it's confirmed, they are allowing it this year for the ID photos.  There will still be people there in 'danes, but I agree, seeing the village with all-garbed people would be surreal!  Finally!

Capt. Marga
Corp Capt Marga, Dame Den Mother, Scarborough Royal Guard.  Keeper of the Costume Closet.  Artist, Rennie, Etc, etc, etc

Al-Nimer

I was only going to wear danes with some sort of ren hat.  If the weather is cool, I'll throw my cloak on.  So, less than half-garbed.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters

Tukaram

I will be there in garb... mostly because of a stupid mistake of me working there this year.

My stupid mistake or theirs?  We shall see.

eloquentXI

I just got hired on with a new job and I don't know if they're going to make me work that Sunday....  :-\ but depending on if I work that morning or whatnot, I'll probably be in some form of garb...maybe.
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Ryk Rakham

Wow, I guess it would be best to be in garb for the ticket/ID. I guess we will wear ours if most everyone else is...
Ryk Rakham, scourge of the Red River
Rhyk Dragonfang

Jezz the Belle, scourge of the scourge
Lady Sherry

SandrineDeLaTombe

I'm still debating.  I have new garb that I would love to wear, but I was also looking forward to wandering around for a day in relative comfort, lol.  I with Al-Nimer, maybe garb-lite.
I aim to misbehave

Ryk Rakham

That's what I was thinking, garb-lite. Just enough that the picture looks like we are at the Faire. Tis getting close in time...........
Ryk Rakham, scourge of the Red River
Rhyk Dragonfang

Jezz the Belle, scourge of the scourge
Lady Sherry

Macintyre

Master Benjamin

Lady Katherine and I will be in danes for the FOF preview cause as she put it "we will wear garb for the faire as it's not all ready yet"
Scotsman, Reiver, Smuggler
***DOWN WITH TAXES***

Lady Katherine

Lady Katherine has changed her mind.  We will be in garb.   ;D

Nicolas-Antoine

SirRichardBear

Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin