News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Why Texas ROCKS!!!

Started by Lord Dragonspyre, March 25, 2009, 06:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Dragonspyre

Corrupting Impressionable Youths Since 1976.

IBRSC#1475, RMG#820, IFRP#1276
Horseman of Debauchery

Grov

And that's without even mentioning the assortment of Ren Faires in Texas!
I hope my life is an epic tale that ends well and everyone likes to read. --Grovdin Dokk

Yrose

Should be the 10th largest country!
Don't forget to smell the roses, but watch out for the thorns!

mpullen

Amen, ya'all

Moved here 20 years ago and never regretted it.

Kruzar

That video made me soooo home sick... moved to California about a year ago, and one of these days I will be going back home....
Gentleman Rogue

*Teach*

Pride... that's why we rock
We may be called arrogant fairly often, but none deny that we have reasons for the pride in Texas that we all share

*Rum Toast to the Great State of Texas!*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

Zaubon

As every Texan father tells his son "Never ask a man where he's from. If he's from Texas he'll tell you, if he's not there's no need to embarass him."

brier patch charlie

I would love Texas more if it wasn't so Dadgum HOT in the summer. I really hate having the road stick to my shoes.
Charles Coleman

Tipsy Gypsy

We were a nation once, for about 10 years.

Teach, it ain't braggin' if it's true!
"It's just water, officer, I swear. And yeast. And a little honey. How the alcohol got in, I have no idea!"

Eric the Ugly

Hell yes.
I don't live in Texas and never have. But I visted once long ago and loved it.

In the last few years I've given thought to moving there.

And it's always so nice for a conservative-leaning Libertarian like me to show that Texas, a strongly Republican state, is always doing quite well. Whereas California, a liberal Democrat paradise is one of the states always doing worst, if not the worst when I'm debating with liberals. ;D

Without getting too political.. I sometimes wonder and worry that Texas might be mine and others last bastion of Liberty in this Republic.

Queen Bonnie

I was not born in TX- but got here as fast as I could!
I remember flying to Chicago and missing the flight back to TX. I kissed the ground once I got HOME!
So many faires here- and nice folks too!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Toki Bloodaxe

Okay..we get it already. Everybody loves Texas. I lived there for ten years and when I finally shook the dust of that place from my boots I was so glad...and still am.Texas does have a lot going for it. The food tends to be cheaper and better down there. The housing prices are cheaper, which is great...unless you are trying to sell your house and get out. There are fewer environmental controls down there, just ask all of the refinery workers with asbestos in their lungs. The population is growing because of all of the illegal aliens crossing the border. Now, thats a booming economy! What a place. My Mother still lives there and she loves it. She can grow tropical plants year round and loves her humming birds. My brother loves it because he can fish year round. And my other brother loves it because with Texas' ever-increasing crime rate, he will never be out of a job as a prosecuting attorney. You see, what makes Texas so great is that it has something for everyone. It didn't have much for me, though...and thats why I live in the Rocky Mountains. Remember the Alamo! Goliad! San Jacinto!...and poor, poor Galveston...one of the prettiest cities in the country, now reduced to garbage. Maybe some of the sky-rocketing growth could get smeared around on Galvez island for a change....huh? 

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Well I'm not from Texas, and if Texas is so great, then WHY do so many Texans move to Colorado?

If Texas is so great it sounds, then why do so many leave? I like space and not so many people... which seems to not be the case any more in Colorado as so many Texan's have moved into Colorado... Californian's, New Yorks, and Arizonian's make up the rest but most come from Texas.

Yes Texas produces a ton of oil and gas, but Colorado is a far greenier state in more ways than one. Colorado is now home to the largest Wind turbine manufactor in the world and it's also the largest in the US and it's all in Colorado. We want to go green as Oil is killing the world and the US

Colorado is the HIGHEST state in the contintal US and I don't mean drugs. If you actually went by square foot of actual land, Colorado would be the bigger as we have over 50 mountains of 14,000 foot. So you guys may be bigger laying flat, if Colorado was flattened by a huge iron, then it would be bigger. Well in theroy it is believed to be that way.. And once again while you guys produce more oil we produce more water. Try living with out water... I can live with out gas and oil .

Texas time runs on Colorado time... The NIST (National Institute of Science and Technology is in Boulder, CO which is the clock ALL clocks are based on in the US.

So I'm not saying Texas is bad, nor am I saying Colorado is better, but personally I'd never live in Texas unless it was a MUST and I sure would not want to stay there. Visit? Yes as Scarby and TRF are two of the best faires... Colorado isn't bad eaither... actually it's my favorite. I like my mountains, my snow, my summers that aren't in the 100's  (it's in the high 90's :)  ) I like my space to get away from people and relax and stick my feet in a nice chill mountain river or drop a line into said river to catch a nice trout.

So if Texas is so great, do me a HUGE favor and prove that to all the Texans who migrated into my state and tell them to go back to Texas so I can have yet more peace and space.

Enjoy your Texas
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Eric the Ugly

Quote from: Lady de Laney on March 26, 2009, 05:36:18 PM
Oil is killing the world and the US

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHHAAAAAA!...Oh...oohhh

Noble Dreg

Love TRF!  My favorite Sponge Bob Square Pants episode is when SB and Patrick  give Sandy Squirrel so much crap about Texas she whoops their butts! (yeah, I've watched an episode or two  :-[).

Used to visit for work quite a bit, love Houston.  If Ya'll didn't have June July, and August I'd consider moving there but Woo Doggy!, it sure gets HOT!!!

Oh, can't say a man has lived 'til he experiences his first Texas BBQ.  Mountains of meat cooked in a pit.  You natives know what I'm talking about!
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small