News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Planing a trip for 09 need info

Started by theniel, April 06, 2009, 05:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theniel

I am trying to plan my trip for 09. We are trying the weekend vacation thing this year. I am having a few questions though. We thought we would drive there on Friday and camp at the bristol fairground till Sunday. How early should I reserve? There is nothing concerning the 09 fair on the site yet. What would be the best weekend to go? I know certain weeks have special events like the queens tea. What was the LARP like last year? Will it be offered again this year? AS to the Bristol campgrounds... Anybody camp there? We hope to be social after the fair closes. Any tips on cooking supplies? Like who has good prices on piepans? This will be our first semi vacation together. We want to have as good a time as posable. 

Also
We have looked before into the SCA but all our local chapters meet during the week. We work MON-THURS   
12-11:30 so weekdays are out. Any other groups meet on fridays or weekends?

Thanks!

Dayna

Bristol doesn't have Theme Weekends, however Labour Day is the birthday of Queen Elizabeth so there will be special events that weekend, which is also closing weekend.

If you go to the Bristol website, you can see updates that tell the special events that are being held certain weekends, one of which is a costume contest.  The Larp will be on again this year, Bloodtharken is dead, however, her Egg survived.

I'm not aware of Bristol having camping, if there is it is participant only.  I work there but always stay at a nearby hotel, beware, a lot of us booked 2009 before we leave in 2008.

Dayna
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven

theniel

Thank you unilady! The campground is not on site but I thought the address said bristol.  Just looked it up again and this is it.
Happy Acres Campground
22230 45th
Bristol, WI 53104
262-857-7373
RV & Tent Camping.

I best call and see if they are all booked up already. I was hoping to have an idea of a good weekend. I see they have updated the special event section. :) I will go now to read and decide on a date. DH and I will probably do the larp this year. He seemed really interested when I read last years to him.
Thank you again for the help.

Margrett

Quote from: unilady on April 08, 2009, 10:54:38 AMI'm not aware of Bristol having camping, if there is it is participant only.  I work there but always stay at a nearby hotel, beware, a lot of us booked 2009 before we leave in 2008.

Dayna

Bristol DOES have camping, and yes, it is for participants only. The campground is behind the Noble's Glade and next to the swamp. Lots of trees and a very rocky road. Showers are in the inner circle of the main faire area (all four showers, that is) and flushable toilets are locked up when Faire closes, so it's off to the portapotties at night. So we're not talking luxurious camping. But I've done it for four seasons now and it's actually not bad. And it's so much easier to get dressed in the morning and be on time when you don't have to drive in garb.

Kerri-Ellen a/ka Margrett

theniel

LOL! I worked with a carnival company for five years. I DO know what you mean. The port-a-pottys were sometimes verry bad. At least its not a trip to the port-o-pot in the snow. That was really the worst experience.  ;D  DH has voted for the first week in augest so maybe I will see some of you there. Good luck in the comming season!!

Dayna

Ah, Bristol the Town, not Bristol the Faire!  I forget that there's a town, I do remember now that Bristol the town is near Kenosha the town where Bristol the Faire is physically located.  There would be camping there.  Margrett, I figured there must be somewhere on-site where participants camped, but unlike MNRF it's not visible to the public. 

I am So Looking Forward to opening day, we're in the double digits now.  Holy Crap, I better get a move-on if I'm going to be ready!   :o

Dayna
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven