News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Volunteer Maypole dancers wanted - Austin, TX

Started by Lisa Rua, April 20, 2009, 12:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa Rua

Hi Austin crowd!

I'm a board member on the Austin Celtic Association, and some of you may remember me as Heather MacDonald of Crass Roots, back at the '05 & '06 Excalibur faires.

The Austin Celtic Association is hosting a May Day festival fundraiser on Saturday, May 2 at Central Market north--local Celtic musicians, children's activities, and a silent auction.

We have a time slot reserved for a maypole dance, but so far the local Celtic dance groups are reluctant to do it, as it's not their area of expertise. So I thought I'd try reaching out to the faire community on this one. Are there any Austinites out there who'd be willing to to organize and present a maypole dance (or several) from 1:00 - 2:00 on May 2 at our event? We'd like to get audience participation, so we need people who can teach as well. We could probably manage a small stipend for your trouble, in addition to our effusive gratitude and tickets to the Austin Celtic Festival in November.

If you're interested and available, please contact Heather Sagar, our secretary, at acasec@gmail.com.

Thank you!