News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Sex History

Started by Sir William Marcus, April 22, 2009, 09:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir William Marcus

Saturday, April 25, 2009

9-10pm -- The History of Sex - Ancient Civilizations.

In this hour, we study sex in the ancient world--from Mesopotamians, who viewed adultery as a crime of theft, to Romans, who believed that squatting and sneezing after sex was a reliable method birth control. We also look at revealing Egyptian and Greek practices--from the origins of dildos, to intimate relations between Egyptian gods and goddesses, to the use of crocodile dung as a contraceptive.

10-11pm -- The History of Sex - The Middle Ages.

In this steamy history, we trace the evolution of sexual beliefs and practices from the fall of the Roman Empire through the Renaissance. We'll also uncover the conflicting extremes of medieval romance and sex--from the bawdy life of European city dwellers to the staid and dangerous practice of courtly love. Medieval scholars offer humorous and interesting carnal tales of lusty knights, bawdy widows, naughty priests, and chaste maidens.
VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

Seamus Ex Machina

And to think I almost made plans this weekend. :D
Legendary Hellraiser

Sir William Marcus

VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

Crocodile dung???  WTF ???  ewwwwwwwwwwwww
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

Lady Christina de Pond

Quote from: Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia on April 24, 2009, 07:58:37 PM
Crocodile dung???  WTF ???  ewwwwwwwwwwwww

my sentiment's exactly and who went to gather this?
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari