News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New Pirate Ship in MN

Started by SleepyArcher, May 18, 2008, 04:26:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleepyArcher

Arrrghhhh!!!!

Since there are a lot of us that are Pirates in this area I thought it would be fun to start up a "Pirate crew". Everyone can sign up and state your "abilities" for the ship. Once we get a bunch of people we hold a meetin' and just like in the old days we elect a Captain. The Captain then in turn elects his/her "higher crew members" (first mate, surgeon, gunner, carpenter, ect) by their abilities they signed up under. We then make are own "articles/laws of the ship". And of course we name the ship.
We have almost monthly pub nights, well now we can monthly Pirate meetins' and such. I for one would like to walk around the grounds of fest as part of a pirate party and have a ship to say Im from.
As always the Captain can be out voted if the duties are too becoming of that person, there can always be a mutiny and such or whatever.

I am in the process of making "certificates" of membership and such. We could get our own pin or medallion made for our crew. There could even be initiations (fun type) or something too.

Pipe in your comments and suggestions. I know Luundegaard has something like this but this would be strictly a MN thing for our festival or whatever. Ive always wanted to be part a pirate crew so heres hoping there are people out there too with the same attitude.  ;D
Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

Erynn

What about those of us who can't make it to the cities every month and don't always dress as pirate?

DeadBishop

So, you don't like our ship anymore?   :'(

R/F.com member since 2003

Genta

arrrrrr

well i be showin up for th' crew.  i can speak like i pirate and i like shiny things.
Capt. Bacardi--- "a long wet one up here, it will not quit"
Gauwyn of Bracknell-- "M'Lady likes the bangers"

DeadBishop

Take a look at this list....."our" ship is ranked #11.  This is the Lundegaard Privateers guild that Sleepy and I belong too.  I fyou look at the roster, we're #88, because we only have two crew members at the moment.  Been trying to get others to join it so we can have our own chapter up here.....or so I thought.

Erynn

Quote from: Deadbishop on May 18, 2008, 10:45:55 AM
Take a look at this list....."our" ship is ranked #11.  This is the Lundegaard Privateers guild that Sleepy and I belong too.  I fyou look at the roster, we're #88, because we only have two crew members at the moment.  Been trying to get others to join it so we can have our own chapter up here.....or so I thought.

Looks like fun. :)

SleepyArcher

DB: I do! It's just I have emailed you before about upping membership and never got replies. I don't recall if this was during the hacker phase or not. I was just throwing out an idea. If you and everyone else are ok with becoming part of the Blatherscythe thats awesome. Let's start getting peoples signed up!!!!!

Erynn: I dont think it matters where you live and you dont have to make meetins just have to say you're part of the group and abide by the laws arrgghhh!!!

(I in no way meant to step on any toes, this was just an idea) Sorry to DB if it looked the other way.

Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

Storm

Doesn't it cost like 45 bucks to join Lundegaard though?  That's the impression I have anyway. Maybe I am mistaken. It's been a while since I have been to their site. I will have to go check that out again.

I have thought about joining before after we have talked about it in the past, but I never signed up because I figured we would have a hard time crewing a ship at 45 bucks a pop. I didn't think too many people would want to pay that much to join?

If we can people up for that, I'd have no problems joining.

renren

do  we have to live close?
would like to, but can't drive that far for a meeting..
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Baron Doune

There's a ship in the harbor....

http://www.artculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/la_rochelle_by_radojavor.jpg

and a castle in the distance.

I can only offer a port of call.

Rage

I like the idea but I am already in servitude to to Ladiedragon's ship and the H.M.S. Todd in steampunk land.....

My services are always available to the highest bidder but I'm not sure anyone can top Ladiedragon's bid....lol...

Charlotte Rowan

Quote from: Storm on May 18, 2008, 12:15:39 PM

Doesn't it cost like 45 bucks to join Lundegaard though?  That's the impression I have anyway. Maybe I am mistaken. It's been a while since I have been to their site. I will have to go check that out again.

I have thought about joining before after we have talked about it in the past, but I never signed up because I figured we would have a hard time crewing a ship at 45 bucks a pop. I didn't think too many people would want to pay that much to join?

If we can people up for that, I'd have no problems joining.

I've thought about joining before too, but I just always seem to find something else to do with that money... it's just not a priority right now. But if more people started joining up I might bow to the peer pressure.  ;)
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

DeadBishop

Quote from: renren on May 18, 2008, 06:45:53 PM
do  we have to live close?
would like to, but can't drive that far for a meeting..

Not at all!  This is open to anyone!   ;D

Erynn

Well, I have the means to join it now, and I see they have more stuff in stock, so I guess if other people are thinking of joining I might as well. When I get home from work that is. ::)

DeadBishop

I'll post a roster at some point of who's already on the crew with their positions, and then people can choose their own positions from there.