News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

You are shipwrecked part 3

Started by Obadiah Jib, May 11, 2009, 11:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obadiah Jib

After the tidal bore empties from the cave you go in search of the other two items but find that they must have been carried out to sea.  Regretfully you return to your shelter clutching you remaining piece of treasure.  Once back you can investigate what you choose in detail.

If you choose to take the silver candlestick holder you discover it is indeed solid silver and weighs in upwards of three pounds.  It is well crafted and looks like the type found in homes of royalty with detailed floral patterns.  You estimate that if you sell this item in Port Royal it will keep you in drink, food, and pleasant company for at least four months.

If you choose to take the rapier you notice that it doesn't have a single spot of rust on it despite being found in a sea cave.  The blade is flexible and razor sharp.  Upon closer inspection you notice markings that indicate the weapon was made in Toledo Spain.  The pummel stone is heavy and appears to indeed be a real gem stone.

If you choose to take the sack made of reptile skin and decorated with cowrie shells you discover it contains a rosary made of ivory.  However instead of a crucifix a mummified human finger is attached to the end of the rosary.  This bizarre and macabre item seems to be more than it appears.  After a short time you discover that when you are in the presence of danger the finger which is naturally straight will curl up.

Two weeks pass on the island.  If you brought food and/ or water as one of your items you consume the entirety.  However you find that by getting a large amount of nutrition into your system you heal the wounds inflicted on you during the shipwreck.  If you did not bring food and/ or drink you discover that at least once per day the island is bathed in a brief shower of rain which you can catch in you clothing ( or towel if you are Welsh Wench) and squeeze out for survival.  You also manage to catch small crabs on the beach, find a little fruit amid the trees, and bring down a gull or two with a thrown rock.  While this isn't enough food to allow your body to heal you can survive and even stock up a little excess.

The island is beautiful but rather lonely.  After awhile you decide to try your hand at hunting to avoid boredom.  You have heard tales on bigger game on some of these islands so you head inland.  While scouting out the area you do see the tracks of what appears to be wild boar.  You also discover that you are not alone on the island.  You find a colorful green parrot, a scruffy mongrel dog, and a tan and black monkey.  You know that you can provide enough food and water to keep one of these animals as a companion if you want.  However you can only keep one (the others must be let go or EATTEN, your choice).  Which do you choose?
First Mate of the Portobello Rose.
I'm not the captain, I just dress better than he does.

Welsh Wench

OK the parrot I could teach to talk so I could have conversation. But he would fly away.
The dog would be a loyal companion.
The monkey would be annoying and have 'accidents' on everything and I have no monkey Pampers.

So I let the bird fly away, ignore the monkey and he leaves and turn the mongrel into a pet and name him Spencer.

I also become a vegetarian at that point.  :D
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Lady Christina de Pond

i stab the parrot with my cutlass and stick it in my bag for food. the monkey i taunt with a feather from the parrot and capture him too. he's for dinner tomorrow. I keep the dog for a pet treat him well and he will protect me from anything dangerous the finger might sence
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Blue66669

Eh, lets keep things interesting...

I'm keepin the monkey. Eat the parrot like a chikin, and let the dog go. We'll name the monkey Spunk.
Blaidd Drwg

Captain Jack Wolfe

I'd teach the monkey to ride the dog like a horse, and they can both chase the parrot.  Endless entertainment.
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Cobaltblu

I kill the parrot and monkey and eat them.

I keep the dog and train him to help me hunt the boar.

I attempt to see if I can mate with the dog (hey it's lonely on the island) to make more dogs and make hunting the boar easier.

Regards,

CB
Click on my website icon on the left to view my photo album of garb and items.

maelstrom0370

Quote from: Cobaltblu on May 13, 2009, 10:29:04 AM
I attempt to see if I can mate with the dog (hey it's lonely on the island) to make more dogs and make hunting the boar easier.
Regards,

CB

Yikes! TMI!  :o :P

The dog would be easy to domesticate, making him a good companion and watch dog.
The monkey could be trained to climb the taller trees for food.
The parrot?  There's not enough meat on them to make them a worthwhile dinner, so either let him go or teach him to talk.

As for hunting the boar that keeps popping up, has anyone ever read a "lost at sea/marooned on an island" book where hunting a boar didn't go wrong?  Those things are just mean!  I'll stick to fish, shellfish and whatever fruits/veggies I can find, thank you very much!

Lady Christina de Pond

Regards,

CB

thats why i took the hotest guy on the ship with me
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Lady Amy of York

Quote from: Lady Christina de Pond on May 13, 2009, 03:07:43 PM

Regards,

CB

thats why i took the hotest guy on the ship with me

LOL Lady C  !  ROFL  !
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Lady Amy of York

I  open   up my sea  chest,   write  a small note  asking  for  help,  and  attach  it  to one of  the parrots  legs   and   send  him off, hoping that  someone  finds him  and  reads  the  note.

I  keep  the  dog  with  me , for  some  one  to talk  to and  play fetch with it. I train him  to be  a good  guard  dog.

The  monkey, I can not kill, but then again I  am not about  to let him  go loose  either, especially if  he  is  anything  like  that  darn  monkey in POTC.  I also know  that if  i was  to kill him he  would  provide  some  meat  for  me   and    the  dog,  so reluctantly  i  kill  the poor  monkey.

Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Obadiah Jib

Part 4 coming soon.  Pick your companion!
First Mate of the Portobello Rose.
I'm not the captain, I just dress better than he does.

Welsh Wench

*puts on lip gloss and fluffs hair*

maelstrom0370

Quote from: Welsh Wench on May 14, 2009, 01:58:03 PM
*puts on lip gloss and fluffs hair*

Ummmm...I think he meant the dog, monkey or parrot!  ::) :P

Welsh Wench

Oh.  :-[   :(

Did I mention I was blonde?

Captain Jack Wolfe

A fact we rejoice in every day, love.  ;)
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus