News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Octo gathering

Started by LadyHawkeontheHill, May 27, 2009, 10:17:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyHawkeontheHill

Where is my scribe? He must be on vacation...anyway, a date has been set for the 8th Castleteer gathering. The powers that be have convened and a date of November 7th has been set aside at the castle for us. Mark your calendars. The Castle is booked and busy until then, so, it will most likely be "Castleteer weather" at that time... :D

Our captain and others have requested that we do the food a little differently this time. We were hoping to set up in the "lobby" area so we can graze all night long. Some are talking of bringing a turkey, roasted chicken and smoked beef. We will have another sumptuous feast and plenty of it!
Willy Nilly on-the-wash town Strumpet
Castleteer Pillar
Irish Penny Brigade member

LadyHawkeontheHill

Oops, I failed to mention that Humphrey has also set aside that Friday the 6th for those who wish to arrive early and stay at the castle that night as well.
Castleteer Pillar

Old Tinker

heres me be our LadyHawke, and good guess, me's has been on vaca.  ;D
tis many moons off as of yet, but to have a great "Gather'n", time is what we need,
as we grow closer, me's will add the food offer'ns and other goodies
so now with our PILLAR of the Castleteers and the Captains permission, it begins  ;)

Official List'n for the eighth Castleteers Gather'n,          
         November 6th & 7th of the year 2009
                           name'd -

Octo, A Castleteers Gather'n
                                           list'n updated 11-06-09

"Introductions of ALL"- 20:20 Hours (8:20 PM)

FOODS & Treats
                                                             (ALL please bring plenty of paper goods for eat'n .)

Sir Captain humphrey..................................................burgers and chili friday night and will have cheese ravioli for saturday.
LadyHawkeontheHill....................................................roast turkey, cheeseball to end all cheeseballs, loaf of bread, eating utensils & napkins
Sir Fredrick
Sir Samuel & Lady Samantha........................................roaster of baked sketti
Sir jeff and lady jodi....................................................will bring their strange, but tasty, meatballs
Sir paul.....................................................................will bring meatloafs
Sir chuck and lady laura
Noble Sir Thom Dumford and Lady Nancy
Curtro & Imestra.........................................................meaty pies
Lady Pagos
Windchime
Tarasbelle
CapnFayeCutler..........................................................deli trays & some bread
Capt. James Cutler
Maeve, Kadden, Layla and Sir Mard................................a veggie..pizza..type thing,It's all cold
Carl & Donna..............................................................baked beans(regular and veggie) and potatoe salad
Sir Jim & Lady Helen.....................................................Helen's banana bread, male and female brownies and possibly cookies
Sir William Marcus
Sir Josef Von Lamar
Peter BeerSlayer, Amber Foster and Stephanie Cote .........For Friday I will bring my cheesy chili cornbread. For Saturday I will bring bacon. Cause bacon can be anything!  It can be a condiment, an appetizer, an entrĂ©e and even a dessert!
jinx & Newbie.............................................................fresh fruits and veggies,a couple bags of salty-crunchy things
Lady Everclear & Doug.................................................Nutella sandwich cookies
Ariyana & Jared..........................................................some sort of chocolate dessert
Amy, A.J. and Rodney, and Baron Tedd
Lady Christina............................................................side dish
Windhawke, Mike & Mona.............................................fried chicken- ala Lee's
Max & Kate
Aunty Lou.................................................................LOKI- a dram or two o' Cherry Bounce, possibly a wee drop o' damiana liqueur, or a lovely concoction known as krupnik...
Sami
Lady Whitney & Spaz..................................................Mexican Dip
ladylissame & her Gregory Thomas, w/ Captain Vechs........probably veggies
kellylynnkk
Katie........................................................................ginger-pumpkin scones
StareNorthSteve and Kimberly.......................................some tortilla chips to complement Lady Whitney's Mexican Dip and a bag of pretzels to complement the beer!
Beladoon (the Bard)....................................................Dragons Blood & YUM YUM's
Count Draconus, pixie & aurora
Phoenix and ember
Bugsey.....................................................................hot cocoa and tea
spirit & Ladye............................................................potatoe chips
Phillip McGuinness ("DRUNK" & SAILOR)
Capt Amos (DRUNK & "SAILOR")
Molly McGuiness
Paul Blackpowder.......................................................meatloaf's
kyDavid & Miss Brandy
this Old Tinker & Belle..., ............................................Barbarian breads, cheese's and grapes, Oh and some dried tomatoes for munch'n
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

LadyHawkeontheHill

...ahhh, I'm pretty sure this is number 8...someone recently inquired if this might not indeed be number nine...oh well, so many we're having trouble keeping count  :D
Castleteer Pillar

Old Tinker

our dearest LH,
thee be correct. tis the eighth "Gather'n".
me Belle and me will carry over this information to our Highland friends and fellow "Castleteers" at the KYHRF forums. shall have it there in AM next. this be'n Open Weekend there (KYHRF), most are engulf'd with preparations,(sorry John, twas a shameless plug for KYHRF Open'n, on the "Casleteers" thread).

we be off, as said, much to get done,
our LadyHawke, we's hope to see thee SOON .

i be the Old Tinker and his Belle...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

CapnFayeCutler

Count me and my brother (Capt James Cutler) in!

I *love* the idea of doing food differnetly, because some of us can't do the stew because of bacon & other pork products get thrown in... :(
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Maeve McMayhem

Another gatherin?! HUZZAH!!

Add us! Myself, Layla, Kadden and Sir Mard included. Sounds like it will be another fabulous time! I can't wait!
"Castleteer"
IWG #3771
1/2 of Misplaced Laces

Carl

Of course count us in ,will be in on fri !
Castleteer
Bretheren of the Great Lakes
Outlander
FOKTOP
True heirto the Duchy of Savoy
Rivet'n Penny

Sir Jim & Lady Helen

Add Lady Helen and I to the list.  We will plan on attending.
Irish Penny Brigade
Castleteers
Lost Vikings
FOKTOPs
ROOL

Jim:
Ride Penny

Helen:
Spin Penny
IWG#3811 Local#57

jinx

You couldn't keep me away if you tried!  :D  My calendar will be marked and highlighted and otherwise scribbled upon, and both Friday -and- Saturday will be set aside for the occasion.  ^.^ 
Lust.
Pirate.
Wench.
Mischievous Little Imp.
Dinosaur.

Elizabeth Talbot, Countess of Shrewsbury

Oh my Lord I will try my hardest to be there! The cut off for vaca at work is the end of October but I will sell my soul (what's left after selling it to get to Kentucky this weekend) to make it there!
Castleteer
IWG #3880/IWG Local #77
Wandering Pirate
Endearing Noble

Old Tinker

may all forgive this Old Tinker for not post'n much right now. after this weekend of Open'n at KYHRF  ;) , me's will catch up.
good fortune to all,
i be the Old Tinker and his Belle...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

Ariyana the hugging wench

It should pretty much be a given as much time as we spend there now that we will be there that weekend barring any unforseen problems of course.
so add Ariyana and Jared to the list please...

Windhawke

Mike and I and possibly Mona will prolly be there too.

Capt Lucy

Capt Lucy reporting for duty ;)
Dame Lucy, Captain of the Crimson Phoenix
IWG #2772 L77 Madame Emeritus
Booty'n Penny
Ette, R/F, IFORP, Merc, FOKTOP, Rengeek blah blah blah...