News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

You are shipwrecked Part 6

Started by Obadiah Jib, May 27, 2009, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obadiah Jib

If you choose to flee the Boar charges you and manages to gore your leg with its tusks before you escape.  You take one wound.

If you fight the Boar and have a weapon you manage to kill the brute but take two wounds in the battle.  You also earned yourself a pork meal (BACON!).  If you don't have a weapon you take two wounds and the Boar flees (tough Pirate!).  Remember you can only take three wounds before dying and you arrived on the island injured with one wound.

If you retreat and return with a plan to trap the beast you flee but the Boar manages to gore your leg with its tusks before you escape.  You take one wound.  You then circle back, dig a pit, fill it with sharpened stakes, and cover it with palm fronds and return to entice the Boar again.  True to form he again charges, this time into your trap.  You have earned yourself a meal of pork (HAM!).

Remember if you have the mongrel dog she can take one wound for you.  She will die in the encounter protecting her new master.

The healing elixir the Indians traded with you just might come in handy about now...

Two weeks pass and you awake one morning to the sound of voices (perhaps warned by your parrot companion?).  You move toward the voices certain that the Indians have returned to rescue you.  What you discover is a group of twelve rough looking sailors and a long boat on the beach not far from your camp.  The sailors appear to be merchant seamen and seem to be speaking Dutch among themselves (what little you can understand).  Out beyond the surf you see a large fluyt.  If you have a spyglass you can see the ship is named "The Maiden of Curacao" in what appears to be Dutch.  You notice them looking about a see that they have brought a few empty barrels with them.

What do you do?  Do you call out to them an approach?  Do you attack them?  Do you attempt to sneak up on them and steal from them?  Do you just sit back and watch them from the tree line?  If you have the strange rosary do you consult it?  Did you bring your parrot companion?
First Mate of the Portobello Rose.
I'm not the captain, I just dress better than he does.

Welsh Wench

I'll take the two wounds as long as it doesn't kill me. And then the dog, who I named Spencer, lives.
After we have a breakfast of bacon and coconut milk, I see the Dutch merchantmen. I find we have a common language (French) and so I ask if they have room for me and offer to bring home the bacon.
Since they are not Jewish, they have no objections to pork.
Although they do have an affinity for bagels.

The men agree, we contract a no contact-contract unless by mutual consent and I inquire whether there is a marble sunken tub on board and do they have a heated towel rack?

Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Obadiah Jib

What no replies!  Is this too tough for you?  Wenchie was brave enough!  What do you say mates?
First Mate of the Portobello Rose.
I'm not the captain, I just dress better than he does.

Lady Christina de Pond

sorry hummmm

i consult the finger and it tells me bad so i decide to sneak and see what i can pillage and hope i don't get caught.
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Blue66669

Well then, I suppose it was a good thing that the Indians and I were such good buddies, because they slipped me some of that elixir before they left!

I'll sit back and watch the Dutch sailors from the treeline, until I am sure that they won't pillage and burn me LOL.
Blaidd Drwg

Lady Amy of York

Thankfully my father is  Dutch, and I know   fluent Dutch.    I  hide  behind  some  rocks  and  listen  to what  they are saying.   I  don't  trust  them, and  decide to stay  hidden out of  sight  until   nightfall,  then maybe i will atempt  to steal  one of  their  row boats, and  row   myself  out  to their  ship,  and  stow  away  on  it. But what about, my dog, I  can't leave him.... I  decide  to  keep hidden, until we know  what  the  Dutch  are up  to.
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling