News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Working at the Faire

Started by sonyzoo, June 10, 2009, 08:06:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonyzoo

So I might be going along and working for one of the performer at the faire this year. I have never been to Sterling and was wondering what the faire was like compared to the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire. Any one on here work at the faire?

Cobaltblu

I don't work there but check out the photo thread, there is a post in the Sterling forum here with a link to photomike's Sterling photo album.

One thing is that Sterling isn't paved like PA and is on the side of a hill so if you walk around a lot you'll be going up and down a little.  It's not all on a hill and it isn't that steep.

Regards,

CB
Click on my website icon on the left to view my photo album of garb and items.

IndeanaSunday

I've worked at the Sterling for several years, if you have any Q's just ask or feel free to send me a message.

Sadly though, I've never been to PARF, so I'm no good for comparative opinions.   :P

photomike

Quote from: Cobaltblu on June 10, 2009, 08:49:29 AM
I don't work there but check out the photo thread, there is a post in the Sterling forum here with a link to photomike's Sterling photo album.

One thing is that Sterling isn't paved like PA and is on the side of a hill so if you walk around a lot you'll be going up and down a little.  It's not all on a hill and it isn't that steep.

Regards,

CB

That is true but after running up that hill to get in front of the pub crawl to take pictures, I only go down the hill & come up the winding path or the steps. (does this mean I'm getting OLD???)... Na... just LAZY!
*links and URLs not allowed in signature* - Admin

Ozium

You talking over by the slide? That will kill you even at a walk.
Home Faire:Sterling
Clan O'Doinn-Irish Penny Brigade (New York)
Carpenter of the good ship Medusa.
Foktop Knight
Clan Vogdis

DacianFalx

Entering my eleventh year working at Sterling...:-) Compared to PA this is a shadier and less modern show, tends to be a bit less dusty, too.
Where might you be working? I'd love to drop in and say hello.
Those who say a certain something cannot be done, shouldn't interrupt those doing it.

Cobaltblu

Quote from: DacianFalx on June 12, 2009, 05:35:13 PM
Entering my eleventh year working at Sterling...:-) Compared to PA this is a shadier and less modern show, tends to be a bit less dusty, too.
Where might you be working? I'd love to drop in and say hello.

Oooh shadier?  Tell us all the dirty gossip...unless you mean literal shade from the sun from the trees.

Shade is great, and who wants a modern renaissance faire anyway.

Regards,

CB
Click on my website icon on the left to view my photo album of garb and items.

sonyzoo

Anyone know what the campground is like for the vendors and preformers?

DacianFalx

Yeah, it's a heavily forested, shady and mosquito-frequented area... good tent and small trailer camping spots, moderate accommodation for larger "traveling homes." Sites with water and electric "go" the fastest... um... quiet hours start at 11pm, and I dunno what else to add. Nice digs compared to a lot of faires...:-)
Those who say a certain something cannot be done, shouldn't interrupt those doing it.