News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

You are shipwrecked Part 8

Started by Obadiah Jib, June 10, 2009, 09:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obadiah Jib

You have seen sails on both the Eastern and Western horizon.  Both sets come toward your island.  Although you can investigate both beaches you will only meet one landing party.

If you choose the Western beach you arrive to see the Dutch return.  They appear in two long boats and make for the western shore of your island.  They appear heavily armed with muskets ready.  Both long boats are full of naked African slaves chained together.

Wisely you hide and watch the long boats arrive.  The slaves are roughly ushered out of the boats and released from the iron fetters that bind them.  A barrel of what looks to be water is also placed on the shore line.  The Dutch sailors say something to the Africans in their native tongue that has them look into the forest with dread and fear.  If you engaged the Dutch slavers in combat you have a strong feeling about what they could suggest.  You count twenty male slaves, malnourished, and covered in filth and sores.  The Dutch then leave your island.  You know they will return for their precession human cargo in a few days.  With the island surrounded by sharks you know the slaves will not risk swimming away.

If you choose to go the Eastern beach you see a group of Europeans rowing ashore in a single long boat.  After your experience with the Dutch you hide and watch as they arrive.  Upon reaching the shore you see a group of eight forced physically out of the long boat at sword point.  These men and women struggle in the surf to the shore with a few meager possessions.  You count six adult men and two adult women.  By the garb they wear you can guess they are of the merchant class.  You see the fear in their faces and hear them speak in Portuguese to each other.  What you manage to hear and understand sounds like they are being marooned.  Meanwhile the long boat returns to a square rigged trade galleon anchored out beyond the reef.

After watching one group you travel to see the other.  Both groups of people slowly and fearfully begin to explore the island.  You know it is only a matter of time before they discover you and your camp.  You ponder this thought for awhile and decide that one or both of these groups could help form a new crew.  You know the Dutch will return.  With a little luck you could surprise them and take the ship.  The question is, which group (or both) do you approach?

Only 2 more chapters remain!  Catch up and post your choices!
First Mate of the Portobello Rose.
I'm not the captain, I just dress better than he does.

Blue66669

I approach both, going to the slaves first. I can get them stronger by feeding them fish and use them to wage war. The merchants will serve well as my officers...
Blaidd Drwg

Lady Christina de Pond

i approach the merchants first and then the slaves second i get the merchants to help me tend to the wounds of the slaves and make them feel welcome
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Welsh Wench

I put my hands on my hips, sigh and say, 'There goes the neighborhood!'
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Captain Jack Wolfe

I approach the merchants and tell them that if the go the west side of the island, they can pick up a really annoying monkey, dog, and parrot act for cheap.

And to ignore the talking pig.  He's not for sale.
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Welsh Wench

OK for real I would pick up my camp really fast and stash my stuff in a nearby cave or wherever I could hide my stuff.

I observe them from a distance to see how they will interact with each other and let them sort it out.
Then I decide what I will do at that point.
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Captain Jack Wolfe

"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Lady Amy of York

I  stay out of  sight,  catch  a  few  fish,snare  a rabbit,  pick  some berries,  go  to  my sea chest and grab  some  rum  and  wine,   and head  down  to the  beach and open  a beach  side tavern . I hire  the  men   to be  bar tenders , and  chefs,  and  the  woman  to be  dancers  and  waitresses  !  ;D ;D

On the  serious  side, i feel sorry for both the Europeans  and the  slaves,  but i decide  to observe  them  for  awhile  before  approaching. i dont want to end  up a slave  like  the  other slaves,  and i want  to learn more  about  the  europeans  first and  what  they are doing here before i approach  them. Make  sure  they are not carrying  any  illnesses.
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Captain Kilian

Easy, the Europeans...you said that group had women! 
"I'd like to thank all the little people...that just never saw it coming." - Me
Royal Order of the Landshark, Guppy 14