News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Camping-General questions for a 1st timer.

Started by Hercules, June 17, 2009, 04:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: ravic on June 19, 2009, 12:17:03 PM
Quote from: Hercules on June 19, 2009, 11:50:15 AM
Quote from: bellevivre on June 19, 2009, 11:27:34 AMfuriously finishing a certain rogue's fancypants to wear the next day!

Did he take 'em off first?!  :D

Based on this and the other thread concerning campers. Ya'll pretty much have me convinced to rent a camper and stay the full weekend. Afterall I can't do Scarborough in one day so ain't no way I could do TRF in one day.

It's 53 acres inside the gate. You can walk the whole thing in a day but not if you're really trying to see anything. There are so many time-wasting vortexes installed that you will be forced to come back several times.

Hell, i go 3-4 times a years and still don't take everything in... although finding my way out of the Sea Devil or the Prince of Wales takes awhile.
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

bellevivre

hah- THATS true... seems like all we do is walk to one or the other!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Belle the Kat

Clan Procrastination's Ambassador to the Seelie & UnSeelie Courts

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Let me rephrase that STAGGERING out of them takes awhile.  :D
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Hercules

Anyone got recommendations on generator size? Most propably be in a pop-up camper or small 2Fer.
Save the Earth (it's the only one with beer)!

MacKee

Quote from: Hercules on June 19, 2009, 02:13:13 PM
Anyone got recommendations on generator size? Most propably be in a pop-up camper or small 2Fer.

Ya might want to look at 1000-2000 watt RV generators. Either Honda or Yamaha is your safest bet.  Or you can check out a Kipor...
The Order of Culloden Moor

Hercules

Mayun! Them HONDAs are expensive little spark machine!  :o

They want the same $'s for their 3K watt that I paid for my Northstar 8K watt WITH a Honda engine...

MacKee

Yep...

Look at Kipor, a Chinese copy of a Honda.

CahirDochartaigh

I don't have any advice that isn't covered in Mpullen's old thread, but all this talk is gettin me fired up for the festival! Maybe I'll start working on a camping checklist to tide me over...
Ar n Duthcas!

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: CahirDochartaigh on June 19, 2009, 05:01:45 PM
I don't have any advice that isn't covered in Mpullen's old thread, but all this talk is gettin me fired up for the festival! Maybe I'll start working on a camping checklist to tide me over...

Fear not, only 113 days to go.
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Breandan

*shaking*

too.... bloody.... long...

*tWiTcH!*
Author, bladesmith, and fuzzy teddybear.

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me

Merlin

Quote from: Hercules on June 19, 2009, 02:13:13 PM

If you are running an A/C and a refrigerator... get the 3500
As for brands.... no need to spend lots of money on a Honda if you are only going to be using it seasonally for camping.  I have an All-Power brand that I got at Northern Tools on sale for $300 and I use it twice a year at NASCAR. Works fine and isn't real loud.
Small ceramic heaters take a LOT of power for whatever reason.

Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

coleenr

All I have to say is....BABY WIPES (better than hand sanitizer), couple gallons of water, glo stix, and TP!

bellevivre

ooh yeah, baby wipes AND hand sanitizer!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Belle the Kat

Clan Procrastination's Ambassador to the Seelie & UnSeelie Courts

Hercules

Quote from: CahirDochartaigh on June 19, 2009, 05:01:45 PM
I haven't even been to TRF and I'm akready fired up about it. Plus I got a lady friend who has been there making plans too.

Baby wipes
Glo stix
Hand Sanitizer
Water (think I'll freeze several bottles for the cooler...dual purpose)
TP
Booze
Generator

MacKee

Glo stix are swell, but I got the lass a small LED flashlight  8)