News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Sterling Weekend Weather

Started by Tygrkat, July 07, 2009, 01:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Rebecca

Well it looks like next Sunday is supposed to be a high of 75, partly cloudy. Sounds pretty nice! I'm super excited to come back!

Lord Finger

I couldn't find anyone new on Sunday! No Lady Amy, or LaedyFaire. I missed Lady Rebecca last time, and Irish too. I'm sure I would have noticed DarkLord.

I introduced myself to the shyest Scot in the Shire, though. He'd just purchased an elk staff similar to one I have. Maybe I weirded him out or something. I hope he's not lurking...

Anyway, I'll be there this Sunday with the Caribou staff. Hope to see y'all there!

irish

Hi Scot!
Dark Lord will be there this coming weekend..18 to 19........if it doesn't rain...so he stated...lmao!!!!
I will look for you also!!!!
irish
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Khaalis

Hi all!  I FINALLY found the Sterling boards (new here but not to faire).

We were there on Sunday and the  weather was fantastic. Sunny and relatively cool and little humidity. If we get a few more days like that it will be a great season. The crowd was however, far too small. If we have too many more weekends like this we're going to have a real problem keeping the faire. I know quite a few of the merchants, and some of them aren't even able to make payroll because the crowds have been so small.

I didn't really run into anyone I recognized form the boards other than PhotoMike even though I didn't realize at the time it was him (we'd been photoed about 12 times already), who was kind enough to take our picture (I can't wait to see it once its posted). However, as mentioned, I am new to the boards, so I a haven't really learned who all is who yet. ;)

I do hope to see more people as the season goes along. We will be there one day of each weekend through the end of the faire (day depends on predicted weather). If you see us, feel free to stop and say hello.  :)

Here is a fuzzy one we got taken though (problem with having someone else use your camera):
Rogue, Merc and certified RenRat

Lady Amy of York

What a nice  picture  !
    Did  you  stay  for  Pubsing ?   If  so, i  think  i  may have  been standing  right  next  to  you once  and    did not even know  it  . ;D  I  was busy looking  for  someone  i was  to meet  up  with.

Welcome  to  the  boards !
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Khaalis

Aye. We try to never miss pubsing. We were right down near the stage on the left (facing the stage).

As it stands it looks like Sunday will be the day of choice this weekend. Saturday is calling for Showers & T-Storms all day, again...  >:(

Lady Rebecca

It seems like a lot of people are coming on Sunday. Should we plan a get-together for a certain time?

DarkLord

Ah no.  I have not made it up to Sterling yet.  I am still planning to come this weekend.  However if it appears particularly rainy on Saturday I may have to push-off the Black Armour to Sunday!  I will look to see if anyone is in the Black Dog in the noon to 1:00 time frame on Saturday (definitely) and will try to peek in on Sunday (same time)  just in case everyone slips a day in their planning. 

Vlad
Bringer of Doom and Pestilence

irish

Mmmmmmmmmm what's under that black armour??  ::)

I will be there Saturday & Sunday! Will look for you all, about noon.....

irish ;D
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Khaalis

We'll be bringing a Canadian friend of ours this weekend as well, so I can't make any promises on being a specific spot at a specific time... you know how it is.  However, I'll try to wander us that direction. If not and you see us, feel free to say Hi. I'll be easy to spot as the cavaliere with a lady on each arm.  ;D