News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Sterling Weekend Weather

Started by Tygrkat, July 07, 2009, 01:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tygrkat

http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/outdoors/weekend/USNY1405?lswe=Sterling,%20NY&lwsa=Weather36HourOutdoorsCommand&from=whatmenu_dropdown_undeclared

This link takes you to the Sterling Weekend Weather Forecast for Outdoor Recreation  ;D

Next weekend looks great  :)
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

Aaroncois

I watched that forecast like a hawk last week, trying to decide which day to go. We didn't end up being unhappy with Saturday, but I think the weather Sunday might actually have been a little nicer. Sadly, the forecast changed back and forth throughout the week, including AFTER I'd already settled on Saturday. Stupid NY weather.  ;D

Tygrkat

Heehee...I suppose they should just call it "most likely weather possibilities" instead of a "weather forecast"  ;)

It's looking like Saturday will be pretty nice, and even if it does rain a bit we've got the Bad Dog Pub and the new covered beer garden...good ale, good company & a bit of shelter and we won't mind the rain one bit!  ;D

laedyfaire

rain or shine, we will be there! LF

Dustis

Hey, well, just think. The colder the weather the more need for those extra layers you've been dieing to wear that have been shoved away in the back of your closet. If the cold keeps up I might just have to buy that nomad coat I've been eyeing from Moresca. *is practically in love with it*

Tygrkat

Quote from: Dustis on July 08, 2009, 08:09:40 AM
Hey, well, just think. The colder the weather the more need for those extra layers you've been dieing to wear that have been shoved away in the back of your closet. If the cold keeps up I might just have to buy that nomad coat I've been eyeing from Moresca. *is practically in love with it*

Maybe it will actually be cool enough for me to wear the hanging sleeves with my gown for once...it's been too warm for them every time I've worn it...

MMario

Quote from: Aaroncois on July 07, 2009, 01:36:44 PM
I think the weather Sunday might actually have been a little nicer. Sadly, the forecast changed back and forth throughout the week, including AFTER I'd already settled on Saturday. Stupid NY weather.  ;D

Sunday was a LOT nicer. 

Dustis

If every day is like last sunday that'd be amazing. Just warm enough but just cool enough in the shade. Hopefully you come on a nice day, Tygrkat. By the way, did you attend last weekend?

Aaroncois

Quote from: MMario on July 08, 2009, 10:53:20 AM
Quote from: Aaroncois on July 07, 2009, 01:36:44 PM
I think the weather Sunday might actually have been a little nicer. Sadly, the forecast changed back and forth throughout the week, including AFTER I'd already settled on Saturday. Stupid NY weather.  ;D

Sunday was a LOT nicer. 

Yeah, I figured. But through most of the week, weather.com actually had Saturday as the sunnier of the two days. It doesn't matter - it isn't as if the weather affected us in even the slightest way (other than my kids complaining a bit about being cold right after the gates opened), but it's frustrating around these parts trying to pinpoint a day when the weather's going to be nice.

MMario

Quote from: Aaroncois on July 08, 2009, 11:03:16 AM
it's frustrating around these parts trying to pinpoint a day when the weather's going to be nice.

Especially since going a mile or two in any direction can change the weather completely!  Heck , we've had days when it rained in the parking lot but not on the main grounds.

Dustis

Suprised it didn't rain at all opening weekend. It's starting to seem like this year the high is going to be 80F. Heads up for anyone comming to Sterling, bring extra garments so you're prepared. Starting to wonder if I should switch out my wood mug for a ceramic one for hot liquids this year.

Tygrkat

Quote from: Dustis on July 08, 2009, 10:56:41 AM
If every day is like last sunday that'd be amazing. Just warm enough but just cool enough in the shade. Hopefully you come on a nice day, Tygrkat. By the way, did you attend last weekend?

No, we spent the 4th of July weekend with my Husband's family (and had a great time, I might add  :) ) Even still, my mind did wanted off to Warwickshire more than once or twice. We'll be there Saturday - FINALLY!

Dustis

Quote from: Tygrkat on July 08, 2009, 12:02:28 PM

No, we spent the 4th of July weekend with my Husband's family (and had a great time, I might add  :) ) Even still, my mind did wanted off to Warwickshire more than once or twice. We'll be there Saturday - FINALLY!

See you then. Hope you're not too lost with all the changes this year. Hopefully it's not nearly as cold as last saturday, but then again more layers is always nice. See you in the Shire.

Tygrkat

Quote from: Dustis on July 08, 2009, 12:15:32 PM
Quote from: Tygrkat on July 08, 2009, 12:02:28 PM

See you then. Hope you're not too lost with all the changes this year. Hopefully it's not nearly as cold as last saturday, but then again more layers is always nice. See you in the Shire.

I'm looking forward to it! HUZZAH!  ;D

Xantrawler

After watching the weather report changed from day to day, (Sometimes hour to hour) and even having two different weather sites give two different weather reports I have my own prediction. This weekend there will be Sunny smiles followed by a warm front of friendships moving into the area. Occasional gusts of bravado will be experienced in the area of the games. Strong possibilities of thunderous sounds rumbling across the glen from the taverns (Reports indicate it may be singing, but many experts are of the opinion it is the Sheriff torturing some poor soul.) In the early evening there is a 75% chance of localized precipitation about individuals as people depart. Now, lets see if I'm a better weatherman than the professionals.