News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

July 11, our first time

Started by Xantrawler, July 09, 2009, 08:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xantrawler

We are very excited about this weekend. Looking forward to possible meeting some of you from here. I know we will have a good time. As this is our first time, we're not sure what to bring. I have made a list and any advice would be appreciated.

Cash for ale
Digital camera
Extra batteries
Tickets for Renew of vows
Cash for ale
Video Camera
Extra Batteries for video camera
Tickets for second day
Cash for ale
Umbrella
Cash for ale
Comfortable shoes
Cash for ale
Car
Oh did I mention cash for ale?

Ozium

You may want to eat something during the day also, maybe spend less on batteries.
And there will be no reason for an umbrella! Best wishes on your wonderful day.

Home Faire:Sterling
Clan O'Doinn-Irish Penny Brigade (New York)
Carpenter of the good ship Medusa.
Foktop Knight
Clan Vogdis

Xantrawler

Oh I plan on eating. Won't really drink as much ale as I jested about. Number one on my list of food is the apple dumplings, mmmmmmm I want to try the Portobelo mushroom sandwich, sounds delicious. The wife, being a good Irish lass, wants to try Ye Stuffed Spud.  As for the shows, I don't know where to start, they all sound enjoyable. I do want to catch the joust and Don Juan and Miguel. Even with two days I don't think we will see everything we want to. Mainly because we are not the type who run around half crazy trying to see everything, then really seeing nothing. We try to be sedate and take our time. Sip the Festival like a fine wine, not gulp it like a glass of kool aid. If we miss a show or two we have an excuse to return. And if we do see everything I'm sure I can come up with another excuse.

MMario

Might I sugest cash for CD's and Videos?  DOn Juan and Miguel have videos and So do Hey Nunnie Nunnie.  Just about EVERYONE has music CD's - and these aren't CD's you can find elsewhere!

Forget the umbrella - there are tons of places with roofs you can go to if it does rain (and it won't...we're going to make the brownies do their "Dance of Sunshine")

Pyllow Fyghts are also a must if you are doing renewal of vows.  Why renew if you aren't going to pyllow each other?

Dustis

Quote from: MMario on July 10, 2009, 09:40:13 AM

Forget the umbrella - there are tons of places with roofs you can go to if it does rain (and it won't...we're going to make the brownies do their "Dance of Sunshine")

Wait...the brownies actually dance? Maybe we should dub them "The magic men of the Shire"

MMario

Well - sometimes it does take threatening them. 

Dustis

In a way it is sadistically hilarious to watch the boys out in the field chase their hats. Maybe the brownies can make a 'no wind' dance aswell.

Xantrawler

Not only did we survive our first Ren Faire, we are now hooked. We were made to feel welcomed from the moment we stepped through the front gate. Presently I find I can not put into words how we feel without sounding like the ramblings of a madman. The one observation I can make, and it may not make sense, is when we took off the rented costumes it was like we went from being part of the experience to being just observers. We weren't treated any different, it just felt like we took one step back. Now before you start to think we have lost our minds completely I will close this post, but may have more to say in a day or two after the glow has receded and we think a little straighter.

photomike

Greetings Xantrawler,
                            So glad you had a good time! Hope you didn't get too wet Sat. I do regret that I did not get meet you. Hopefully you will return & we can meet. I did get to meet Lady Amy on Sun. & now I will recognize her next time.
I will start editing & posting my photos this week at http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l293/wildroverphotos/
Safe journeys my friends!
*links and URLs not allowed in signature* - Admin

Ozium

Hey Xantrawler, glad you had a good time. Sorry we did not meet up but it i am sure you took in as much as you
could in your time at faire. I still feel as you did when taking off your garb as you did at times, especially on sunday
night just thinking i have to go back to work the next day. It really does make your experience that much more. I
will say that all the performers at Sterling are top notch and i enjoy their shows, i feel the real magic happens once
you have seen all of the shows and you take the time to just sit back with your favorite beverage and just watch
all the goings on around you, i love people watching and some of the stuff that just happens in the lanes will make
your face and guts hurt for days after when you recall them. There is so much more that goes on beyond the stages!

So.... When you coming back for another visit?
Home Faire:Sterling
Clan O'Doinn-Irish Penny Brigade (New York)
Carpenter of the good ship Medusa.
Foktop Knight
Clan Vogdis

Xantrawler

Mike sorry we didn't meet you, but after going through our photos I think the wife got a pic of you. Hopefully we will get to meet next time. We are planning a return trip for Aug 15th and 16th. This time we may be bring one of the wife's co-workers with us. She has always wanted to go, but has never had anyone to go with. Ozium, I understand what you are talking about, as far as watching the going on around you. We did that and what I like is, you wait long enough and something interesting will happen. Hope to meet you as well. We both have our own outfits now, still in the development stage. Just look for the guy in a black out fit, with a hat with green and red feathers. The wife has a lovely green outfit.

photomike

Hi Xantrawler,
                 Glad I will have a chance to catch up with you! I will be looking for you!
*links and URLs not allowed in signature* - Admin