News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Fired...

Started by Trillium, July 15, 2009, 02:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trillium

Thanks everyone!  I know it's a blessing in disguise, but it's hard to see when you have a child to care for, a new house, 2 cars and my hubby in school (along with working 55 hrs/wk).  We'll get through it.  I've been trying to get out of there for a while, tired of being treated like crap.  They'll be feeling the pain of their mistake soon enough.  Thankfully, my parents now live down here and my dad is willing to watch the boy when needed so we can save that daycare money.  Also, I had 9 days of vacation to be paid for so it was almost an extra paycheck.  I'm going to hit the temp agencies tomorrow.  Hopefully they'll find something for me quickly!
Got faerie dust?

Welsh Wench

I'm so sorry, Trillium.
This economy sucks.

Maybe this is a sign you need a change of career.
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

DeadBishop

*big hugs*

So sorry to hear this.  Hopefully unemployment will come through for you.  I may be in the same boat as you in 5 days if my company goes under from liquidation next week.  I'm sure there's something out there for both of us....

R/F.com member since 2003

Athena

That stinks. :(

Good luck sweetie, I hope you find something soon!
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Wolfden

Sorry to hear about it, I have been there myself...twice. Unemployment comp in Texas is relatively painless to get unless your former employer decides to challenge it. Since the comp in Texas is relatively low, about $300 a week maximum, most employers do not challenge it. Just make sure you follow the Workforce Commissions' requirements to the letter. On a positive note, I work as a consultant for the largest temp/hire agency here in Houston, and while I do not work in the admin division, I can get your resume sent over there and in front of a live person. If you want to send me a private message, I can get you more details.

Sir Martin

I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune, Trill, but I'm confident some good will come of this.  You are a bright and caring person, and I wish you the best.

Breandan

I know this may not help you feel any better, but as bad as things are here, they are far, far worse in other states, so you are in the best place to be for getting back on your feet. *HUGS!* Good luck!  ;D
Author, bladesmith, and fuzzy teddybear.

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me

Capt. Bacardi

Well Bloody Hell!! That is no good Trill, sorry to hear it. Muffin had the same thing happen last year. Good luck in the job search.
BLOODY HELL!!!!
..It is only a flesh wound..
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

LadyShadow

Sorry to hear of your loss.  My Mom knows some connections for admin work.  I'll check with her today and let you know if theres something.

Best of luck.
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

lordwriothsley

Quote from: Deadbishop on July 15, 2009, 08:32:50 PM
*big hugs*

So sorry to hear this.  Hopefully unemployment will come through for you.  I may be in the same boat as you in 5 days if my company goes under from liquidation next week.  I'm sure there's something out there for both of us....
I'm sorry to hear of this my friend. I will be keeping my fingers crossed and praying for you that you do not end up in the same situation as Trill is right now.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Trillium

Quote from: LadyShadow on July 16, 2009, 08:47:04 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss.  My Mom knows some connections for admin work.  I'll check with her today and let you know if theres something.

Best of luck.

I appreciate it, Lady Shadow!  I spent the day filling out paperwork and taking tests.  Both places were impressed with my background and my testing but neither has anywhere to put me yet.  I have an appt. with a third agency on Monday.  We shall see what next week holds!

GOOD LUCK, DB!!!!!  Sending faerie dust your way, although I'm not sure how lucky it is at the moment... ;)
Got faerie dust?

midnightferret

Trill! I am sending good wishes your way!

Those goobers had no idea what they were letting walk out the door! *hugs* Good luck with all you are doing!

Merlin

Quote from: Hercules on July 15, 2009, 02:49:19 PM
For what it's worth coming from a stranger...your not incompetent, it's just this suckbutt economy. Despite any talk of recovery the job market is still shedding jobs like crazy and is always the last aspect of an economy to turn around.

Good news for you is that unemployment benefits have been expanded to 46 weeks from 26 weeks. Just make sure to go to the right website as there's been some confusion lately.

http://www.texasworkforce.org/

Good luck!!!!!

Bad news is.... there is no money left. Those expecting to get benefits will not be receiving any over the next few weeks while they, and by 'they' I mean Rick Perry, looks for more money to fund the program. Maybe he could look into the $1,000 per week he's spending on a place to live while his multimillion dollar house is being restored with tax payers dollars. Or perhaps he could use some of the money he robbed from school districts in House Bill 1 where he cut the schools operating budgets by 30% ! Or perhaps he could have taken the $546 million dollars that was offered by the federal government to fund the program. Now the Texas Workforce Commission has to borrow (means has to be paid back) $650 million. Hmmmm.... $546 million FREE? Nope...I'd rather BORROW $650 million.

I'll get off my political soap box now but if Obama gets his way with the standardized medical coverage, more people will be losing their jobs.

Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

Breandan

If you are close to the Woodlands, a good agency for clerical is Meador Staffing, they handle higher-end clients from that office, usually pretty decent pay, and they are nice folks. Wife has worked through them before.
Author, bladesmith, and fuzzy teddybear.

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me

wyckdblyss

So sorry to hear about this Trill. Sending you lots of energy to help you along. I know you will find something soon, just keep your chin up!
WyckdBlyss,
Royal Order of Lansharks Guppy No. 70