News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Went 08/01 to the fair

Started by Dorian Mallory, August 02, 2009, 10:06:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorian Mallory

Yesterday was awesome.  It was beautiful weather all day, though it did get a bit hot by mid/late day and the wife and I did not feel like sitting in the direct sun to watch A Midsummer's Night Dream- it's one of our favorite plays.

I was also very happy to see how busy it was.  It had been a long time since I had seen the fair that busy.  When we left a 7pm, there were still cars parked all the way out to the road.  To me it looked like just about full capacity.  Of course it could be like that for Saturdays, this was the first time in years that we were able to go on a Saturday instead of Sunday.

I really liked all the new buildings, especially at Falstaff's Tavern.  It was really nice to be able to sit down with a cool drink and lunch and see a show, which I absolutely loved.  Falstaff is my favorite new act.  I also really liked the guys playing Shakespeare and Co.  They were doing a lot of improv out on the roads and they were a lot of fun to watch.  Actually I saw a lot of improv along the roads and thought that was fantastic.  My wife was extremely pleased to see that Moresca has build their own place instead and planning on being there for quite some time. (According to the people we talked to that were working there.)  Now all that I really want to see is the rework of the Jousting area, though that is being currently talked about in the weather topic.

I talked to a lot of the "common" workers and they were telling me that they really haven't noticed a serious decline in attendance which I was happy to hear.  Then again the food and drink booths are typically busy.  I was also really glad to see a lot of water booths all over the place.

Once again, the wife and I had a really amazing time catching all the new shows, wandering the whole fair all day, and watching more of the improv this year.  We are already looking forward to next year and are starting to plan that out.

On a side note, was it just the food I was looking at or did most of the food look to be priced all the same at $7?

It has finally stopped raining in Rochester this morning...Hope the weather is better there today.

irish

OMG! I went into Oswego to pick up a friend for faire and we drove down a hill where you could see Sterling. I was amazed at the cars!!!!! When we got there it was packed! I am soooooooooooooo glad, did I say, sooooooooooooo glad!!!! ;D, there was such a turn out! (never saw so many men in kilts...omg...I need to be fanned all day!  :P hahahaha!!)
Yes, most food items are about $7.00. Now if you want GREAT Dragon Wings (chicken wings), go to Bad Dog Tavern! They are the best!!!!
Anon!!!
irish

irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Dorian Mallory

I'll have to try them next year.  We didn't think about eating at the tavern until after we had the fingers and fryes and by then we were too full.  It appears that the portions have gotten larger and one order would have fixed us both nicely.

Khaalis

Really glad you had a great day. Saturday was one of the best days I have seen this season as far as turnout. Also, to answer your question, most of the food runs between $4 and $7 depending on what it is. Look forward to seeing you there next year.
Rogue, Merc and certified RenRat