News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Meet The Cast Picnic

Started by BubbleWright, August 02, 2009, 07:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BubbleWright

Today PARF had a Meet the Cast Picnic for season ticket holders. The weather forecast called for heavy thunderstorms, which indeed swept through the area. In fact, there were severe weather warnings in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware and New Jersey with flash flood warnings thrown in as well! On my trip to the Faire I encountered very heavy rain and electrical storms when I got about 10 miles into Pennsylvania. I plowed through, sometimes at just 35 MPH. Eventually I came out of the weather front. When I got to the Shire patches of blue were starting to appear, although the parking lot sloshed as one drove through it. Unfortunately, many people stayed away or turned back, thereby missing a really nice event. Many cast members returned but in new persona. Quite a few new and eager faces. Of course I came in garb and brought the Renaissance Bubble Machine. Many newbies (cast and patrons) were delighted to discover it. I presented the Queen with a Royal Bubbler Pendent, a replica of one given to Queen Victoria by a Maharaja when she was named Empress of India. I made the Queen smile! In the end, it turned into a very nice but humid sunny day. Two lessons can be learned from this... one, even a rainy day at Faire is better than a sunny day at work; and two... you gotta believe!!!!! Huzzah............ can't wait for opening next week!!!!!  :D ;D :D ;D
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

DarkLord

Yes.  I had to figure a way to divert the water coming into the basement via chimney into the french drain before deciding I could attend.  'Twas an excellent afternoon, nonetheless.  I spent the evening oiling my armor for opening weekend!
Bringer of Doom and Pestilence

SrEstebanLegaspi

Just wanted to share the link to some of the photos I shot on the weekend in question:

And some more at Facebook.

Cheers!
Señor Esteban Maniquis y Legaspi
Nosce te ipsum

McGuinness

I'm sorry I missed it - I had somewhere else to be that day. Can't wait to see you all again this season - should be a good one!

Awesome photos as usual, Michael!

mariab4

Vlad!  So darn glad you made it.  It was fun giving you a hug without all that armour in the way!!

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

Looks like a 4 man joust and that CRF will be missing Sir William this year! 
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

DarkLord

Awwww!  Thank you Maria! 'Twas one of those events when armor just wouldn't seem to make much sense.  (Not with rain still a possibility anyhow.)
Bringer of Doom and Pestilence

McGuinness

Quote from: Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia on August 08, 2009, 04:16:53 PM
Looks like a 4 man joust and that CRF will be missing Sir William this year! 

4 man joust? Psh. Try 6.  ;) ;D

And is that William Debracy that you are referring to? I'm sorry you lost him, but glad we got him, he's fantastic.

SrEstebanLegaspi

Agree with Colleen's sentiments with Sir William. He's one photogenic fellow...

Señor Esteban Maniquis y Legaspi
Nosce te ipsum

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

6 MAN Joust!  Oy vey... the likes of which I've never seen.  And yes that be the very same Sir William... *shakes head* 
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

DragonWing

I got a good picture of Sir William

This was Sunday, Aug 9th opening weekend.
Dragon rider and mage,
(aka Vince)