News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Tudors

Started by daylight, May 21, 2008, 07:22:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Mercedes

So it's the series finale next week...what say you about the final season? Me, I'm sad but the memory will live on in dvd lol
Why be mundane when you can be a Rennie?!

Gauwyn of Bracknell

So whaat did you think of the final episode.  I really liked the first 3 years, but year 4 I thought was a little lacking - maybe trying to put too much in with so little time.  Would have really liked to see the series go through Edward, Mary and Elizabeth  :'(
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

The Lady Mercedes

Ditto! The last scene seemed a bit empty, I was expecting a big ol' heart tugging deathbed scene that never happened & the thing w/the wives could've been done a bit better...but all the same I will miss the show :(
Why be mundane when you can be a Rennie?!

tiberiusflynn

I think with the show being called "The Tudors", they should've started with Henry VII, and went on till the end of Elizabeth.

That being said.....I was disappointed in the ending. They did nothing to age him or make him fat throughout except graying his hair. Then suddenly in the final episode they age his face, give him a big gray beard? Eh. I didn't expect an epic finale, but I definitely didn't expect them to suddenly age him when they hadn't been....

Oh well. I still like the series for what it is....and we probably won't get another Henry show for some time....

silasraven

it did go by way to fast for the 4th set. but rather good. i like his mental thing he had toward the end i feel like that with alot of people and ex's.

Sir William Marcus

I finally just finished all 38 episodes. I admit, I was personally entertained with it all.
VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

dreamwalker

I think they got about 50% of it right. Rhys Meyers isnt even a redhead to start with and it difficult to age people on screen without it looking phoney. They showed grey and the horrible leg infections he got. It would be a really long series to cover also Edwards VI, Mary's and Elizabeth's reigns. There so much material, so it's hard to cover all of even one of them much less Henry 7 down to Elizabeth. Yes, I have all 4 seasons on my shelf also :)

Some aspects I felt were done well such as the Pilgrimage of Grace. Others  aspects like combining Princess Margaret and Mary was a step to far and the whole bit but about shipping her off to Portugal was way off.
Normal? What's that?