News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Kudos to Sir Douglas and the rest of the Sterling crew

Started by Tazworth, August 08, 2009, 11:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tazworth

It is just about midnight and I am just getting home from a great day at Faire. It was a long day because today for what I am told is only the second time we held a Rescu Rally. This is a fund raising event to help a wonderful organization who helps Ren Faire performers and crafters.
For more information visit here http://www.rescufoundation.com/ .
This certainly seemed like quite a success between the Talent and Un-Talent show and the silent auction. So Kudos to all Sterlingites involved with this.

Now for the Kudos for Sir Douglas. In order to help raise money for the RESCU Foundation. Sir Douglas offered to place his head through the hole in our Tomato Justice board. If you don't know what this it is a game where an insult throwing victim places his head through a hole in a wall for people to heave tomatoes at their faces. It was a huge thrill to see our owners head being pummelled by well aimed tomatoes. Unending Kudos to you Sir Douglas for being such a great sport and doing this and showing your support for such a much needed cause. Even when your own knipperkin forked over some dough to chuck tomatoes(very well aimed I might add) at your pate!

Here is the proof ......

Brett aka Tazworth
Founder of Family of Faire

Aaroncois

Hey, that's really great of Sir Douglas to support the players that way. Somebody should get Sterling added to the list of participating faires at the Rescu website.

Thanks for the pics, too - now I'll finally recognize Sir Douglas if I happen to run into him.

Lord Finger

Tygrkat

50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

irish

That is just wonderful! Sir Douglas, you are a great sport!!   ;D
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

SterlingFan

Home Faire: Sterling Renaissance Festival

"I know I'm in my own little world, but it's ok, they know me here !"