News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

HELP!!

Started by DuchessOfHoundshire, August 10, 2009, 02:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuchessOfHoundshire

We are new performers at the Michigan RenFest and a big part of our show is music-however we need fast stuff!  I am Co-producer of the Classic K9 Medieval Games, and our background for the show is always music.  The other producer has been doing K9 shows throughout the country for 20 years, and has always used classic rock.  This is the first conversion of our show into a stage production and we are having a difficult time finding something fast enough-the closest we have come is in the Celtic genre.

Can anyone suggest an artist (yes it CAN be yourself) or music for us to check out?  And even better-if you are performing at the MI RenFest and have the music we need, we will mention you at our show and send our audience to you!

Thank you so much for your time,
Lady Katherine, Duchess of Houndshire

Blackbead

Well, I'm taking a total shot in the dark here but have you thought about using soundtracks?  I know there are some "faster" parts to the "El Cid" soundtrack (I was listening to it just the other day) and some in the "Dragonheart" soundtrack.  A lot of these are reasdily available and probably well-known to your audience.  I know there are other soundtracks out there that feature faster tempos . . . get a copy of "Dragonheart" and listen to it.  That will probably do the trick.

Blackbead
"It's not the gold that sets our sails, 'tis freedom and the promise of a better life that raises our black flags."

renfairephotog

Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer