News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Help With This Dress

Started by Lishy, August 11, 2009, 09:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lishy

Im being a post hog tonight, sorry!

I just won this dress on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220464459999&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:US:1123

And need some suggestions and help for accessorizing it.  Would I wear a belt or anything, do I need something for my head, etc etc.  This is the first time Ive bought anything "noble" like in appearance usually I play the wench role.  Im quite lost so any advice you can give me would be most welcome!!
Muintir Go Deo!
SquishyLishy, Squeak, 1/2 of D-Lish
Clan o hEighnigh

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

I would wear a simple yet pretty necklace with pearls in it. Maybe something from Sapphire and Sage. You can also get a girdle belt there that would compliment it nicely.

As for head wear. You could go French Hood from Dragon Pipes or other venders or even a tall hat. Check out The Tall Toad, they may have something you like.  My pick would be a simple French Hood.

But so you need any of this? No, You could go simple and if your un married wear your hair down
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

dragongirl

I would add a pearl or gold beaded necklace with matching earrings and a paternoster or a girdle belt.  For head wear it depends on your local faire's period of history, that will give you an idea of what style head covering to have.  If you are Elizathian era you can go with a caul and a tall hat.  However, if you are Tudor era then you want either a gabled hood if it is Pre-Anne era or if it is post Anne then you want either a french hood or gabled hood depending on your political leanings.   Hope this helps!
Lady Hermina Dolores De Pagan
Captain of the Tres Flores
Sailing with Ye Pyrate Brotherhood

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Definitely a French Hood that has a Drape. A nice pendant for the center of the Bodice. A girdled belt for sure.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Dev

I forget what they're called, but that necklace-type arrangement that is tacked onto the front of the bodice.

I googled "bodice jewelery"