News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Gates to Open In A Few Weeks.......Where is Everyone?

Started by kcdcchef, August 12, 2009, 10:12:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edmund Howard

We're also from Colorado and have CRF as our home faire.  We're planning to go to KCRF this year, probably the second weekend.  Look forward to seeing a new faire.

Brother Gregory

Plan to be there for the second year in a row. I was there the first time back in 2006 when I was in town for the Nascar Races. Last year and again this year my two girls and I will be there. This will be my second year as a character in my local faire the 3rd. and 4th. of October in Sioux City, Iowa and my oldest daughter will be doing it for the first time. I have talked with several characters from Kansas City and am a member of the KCRF Fans Page on Facebook. Hope to run across Madame Red she was a person who made me feel welcome the first time I was there and didn't know much about the faire as well as another older gentlemen who was the sheriff of the privies, he was helpful in telling me what and where to go and how to get around.

Sullivans Bastard

Hi,

A Newbie here.  My Lady & I will be attending the KC Faire for the first time this year, and we will be going in costume!  We don't have our persona's fully developed yet, but we will be mid-late 16th century middle class merchants.  We've only been to one other ren faire, but we are already hooked. :D

Butch

My family and I will be there opening weekend; shooting for Sunday the 6th.  We live on the MO side.  This will be the first year that I'll be in garb.  16th century mariner, with a blue thrum cap.  2007 was our first KC fair in a long time (we just moved back to KC in 2007).  My son was garbed as a (tall) jester the past 2 years.  He'll be a merchant in a green doublet with gold trim this year.

I really love the KCRF!  I enjoyed the Maryland RF when I was stationed in Quantico; and I didn't care for the Pennsylvania RF (call me crazy!)

We went to the Midwest RF in Omaha earlier this year (May), and it was friendly, but very small; nothing like the wonderful KCRF!

We're going to do the Living History Tour in the morning, and the Feast of Fools in the afternoon this year.  I can't wait!

Tell me about the pub sing?  Where/when does that go down?

Thank-you very much!  It's gonna be great!

kcdcchef

Quote from: Butch on August 19, 2009, 09:38:36 AM
My family and I will be there opening weekend; shooting for Sunday the 6th.  We live on the MO side.  This will be the first year that I'll be in garb.  16th century mariner, with a blue thrum cap.  2007 was our first KC fair in a long time (we just moved back to KC in 2007).  My son was garbed as a (tall) jester the past 2 years.  He'll be a merchant in a green doublet with gold trim this year.

I really love the KCRF!  I enjoyed the Maryland RF when I was stationed in Quantico; and I didn't care for the Pennsylvania RF (call me crazy!)

We went to the Midwest RF in Omaha earlier this year (May), and it was friendly, but very small; nothing like the wonderful KCRF!

We're going to do the Living History Tour in the morning, and the Feast of Fools in the afternoon this year.  I can't wait!

Tell me about the pub sing?  Where/when does that go down?

Thank-you very much!  It's gonna be great!

pub sing goes on at end of day, around 530ish, at the 3 lions stage near mermaid commons. basically, all of the acts come together, and you get to see a little of about half a dozen acts, minimum. they all do one of their songs, not necessarily one from their shows, and there is comedy and banter amongst all of the actors on the stage. at times, there are uppards of 50 or so actors on the stage, above it in the tower above it, etc. and many MANY other actors hang out in the audience. then the royalty shows up and leads everyone to the gate for closing ceremonies.

funniest part of the festival. that whole area of the shire, three lions, mermaid commons, yorkshire harbour, best part of the shire. funniest shows, funniest acts, BEST FOOD. you can see jolly rogers, mental pause, limey birds, get shrewed, all funny FUNNY stuff. i also highly reccomend human chess, generally daily at 3pm. to the right of 3 lions. very well choreographed fight scenes, amazing humor, good times.

Steev

Quote from: Feline Groovy on August 13, 2009, 07:42:40 AM
I don't know if I'll be able to hit KCRF this year (the commute from the East Coast is a pain)
hey Feline-  my fam and I are going to try and make it this season if you want to caravan...
Born too late.  But not too late for faires.

Sullivans Bastard

We're planning to hit the Wichita Fall Renfest Sept 26 & 27, then hit KCRF probably Oct 10/11.  There's a NAF festival in Oklahoma on Oct 3/4 I want to attend so I'll delay gratification at KCRF so I can go toot my flutes. :P

Rani Zemirah

I'm also down here in OK, and I would love to attend KCRF, but I'm afraid I don't have enough information about the logistics of it.  Mainly, dates... but also, is there on-site camping for pay/playtrons, and if not, is there a convenient campground nearby?  What about ticket prices?  I'm sure there is a website, but I'd rather hear about these things from the regulars, so I can get a feel for the place.  The entertainment sounds divine, and I do know a couple of vendors that swear by the place...
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Sullivans Bastard

Quote from: Rani Zemirah on September 01, 2009, 06:35:06 PM
I'm also down here in OK, and I would love to attend KCRF, but I'm afraid I don't have enough information about the logistics of it.  Mainly, dates... but also, is there on-site camping for pay/playtrons, and if not, is there a convenient campground nearby?  What about ticket prices?  I'm sure there is a website, but I'd rather hear about these things from the regulars, so I can get a feel for the place.  The entertainment sounds divine, and I do know a couple of vendors that swear by the place...

here ya go: https://www.kcrenfest.com/

https://www.kcrenfest.com/lodging.html  <--There are two campgrounds listed.

kcdcchef

Quote from: Sullivans Bastard on September 01, 2009, 07:10:13 PM
Quote from: Rani Zemirah on September 01, 2009, 06:35:06 PM
I'm also down here in OK, and I would love to attend KCRF, but I'm afraid I don't have enough information about the logistics of it.  Mainly, dates... but also, is there on-site camping for pay/playtrons, and if not, is there a convenient campground nearby?  What about ticket prices?  I'm sure there is a website, but I'd rather hear about these things from the regulars, so I can get a feel for the place.  The entertainment sounds divine, and I do know a couple of vendors that swear by the place...

here ya go: https://www.kcrenfest.com/

https://www.kcrenfest.com/lodging.html  <--There are two campgrounds listed.

i am all about meeting fellow rennies from the forum, and that weekend is looking like my weekend. so if you guys are there, lets plan a meetup!!

Norfolk

The Baroness and I, along with 13 (plus or minus) other rennies from Larkspurshire (Colorado) plan to be at the jousting grounds at noon on Saturday.  The more the merrier!
Just call me "Your Grace"

Rani Zemirah

Sooo... do any of you camp together on Faire weekends, or do most of you do the hotel thing?  I can't afford to drive up, spend money on Faire and stay in a hotel...  :-\
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

kcdcchef

Quote from: Rani Zemirah on September 01, 2009, 10:20:27 PM
Sooo... do any of you camp together on Faire weekends, or do most of you do the hotel thing?  I can't afford to drive up, spend money on Faire and stay in a hotel...  :-\

i just cannot believe the forum celebrity that IS rani zemirah is coming to my shire!!!?!?!???!!!!!???????

i do the hotel thing, because i can usually find hotels on something like hotels.com or orbitz, travelocity, etc, within 15 miles for around sixty bucks. now there is camping nearby, i have never used it. i love faire, but i also love matresses.

if you are coming the same weekend as me, i can easily score you a ticket to soften the blow. let me know as october draws closer and closer, and if we are doing the same weekend, i can get you the hookup. i know about 2 dozen performers, and half a dozen vendors. i always pay for my tix because i want to support the shire, but they are always throwing free tix at me, so, i can hook you up if that is a deal breaker.

Rani Zemirah

Uhhhh, ok... I'm guessing that was some serious sarcasm there... because I'm still just a relative noob here, having just passed my one year anniversary on the boards, and I was thinkin' I was flying fairly well under the radar!  I mean, sure, I mouth off a lot... but "celebrity"?!?  You must be mistaking me for someone else...  (now, if you had said infamy...  ::) )

Hadn't really had a chance to check out all the different themed weekends, but since I'm planning on All Hallows at TRF, I'm wondering if I'd be able to swing it at all.  Might be a good size bonus headed my way soon, though, and if so, then I could hit both Faires in the same month, and wouldn't that be just the Awesome Bomb?!?  :D  Might even be able to swing one o' those fancy mattresses you were talking about...  LOL 

I like my mattress also, but I just let the air out of it and roll it up when it's time to pack up and go home!  Makes folding up the tent a whole lot easier!  heheh

What is everyone's fav weekend?  Are there themes you just never miss, vendors that have the nicest wares, best people watching spots, etc...?  Oh, and if I manage to get there I'll have my 8 y/o daughter with me, so what are the really family oriented activities? 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Butch

Baron, will you and the lovely Baroness be there on Saturday, or Sunday?