News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Rose sellers

Started by TheFerret, August 13, 2009, 12:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheFerret

Rather random question that I'm asking on behalf of someone else. Does anyone know if the MNRF rose sellers are willing to do a "long-distance" delivery? (The person who wants to know lives in Ohio but has hinted that he'd like to send me roses from the rose sellers at fest and wants to know if he can pay them through the wonders of the internet to have this happen. Since it'd be me getting the roses, I figured I'd ask.  ;D)
Ferret
Wench #1486
Bard #245
Sweet Shouter for Seventh Sojourn Soaps
I've got ADOS: Attention Deficit OOOH Shiny!

Muffin

I'm going to guess no.. But I could be wrong.. It just seems a little to "high tech" if you know what I mean.. But maybe you could call the office and see what they could work out..  :)
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Charlotte Rowan

It seems to me that if he wants to send you long-distance roses, *he* should call the office and ask! Not very romantic to do the legwork for your own flower delivery!
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

DeadBishop

I'm guessing that they work on a "cash only" basis, and wouldn't have any way to take payment over the phone or internet.  But it never hurts to ask!

R/F.com member since 2003

Nikita

i *THINK* if he could pay pal, oh I don't know, maybe a hawker who works um maybe at your booth that a long-distance rose thing could TOTALLY happen....yeah that it could.

High-tech works in many ways...
Everyday is a challenge and gift

TheFerret

Charlotte: I know it's not overly romantic but at least I can point him in the right direction. He can be a little clueless at times though he does make up for it.

Nikita: I'll pass that on... :D LOL

Everyone else: That's pretty much what I thought but I wasn't sure. :)
Ferret
Wench #1486
Bard #245

Welsh Wench

OK I know I am not MN but the answer is easy--

Buy them yourself and send him the bill!  ;D
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Nikita

then he'll be REALLY generous
Everyday is a challenge and gift

TheFerret

I should also have mentioned that he isn't a rennie. I can count how many times he's been to faire on one had and still have fingers left over. He wasn't sure even where to begin so I figured I'd start. :D
Ferret
Wench #1486
Bard #245

Marietta Graziella

Quote from: theferret on August 19, 2009, 07:25:13 PM
I should also have mentioned that he isn't a rennie. I can count how many times he's been to faire on one had and still have fingers left over. He wasn't sure even where to begin so I figured I'd start. :D

Not sure where to begin?  Start with a pirate shirt, some pants and go from there!   How can you date a guy who doesn't fest?!?  C'mon girl, get that man some clothes, a mead, and a few wenches to admire!  ;)
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Captain Jack Wolfe

Pants??  MG, you recommended PANTS??  It's a miracle!  ;D
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Marietta Graziella

Trying to start him slowly!
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Captain Jack Wolfe

Ah, I see!  Waiting until his second weekend to begin the kilt talk.  Gotcha!  ;) :D
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

TheFerret

He is willing to wear a kilt but only if it's a great kilt not one of those "fake kilts" (his words). And there are plenty of reasons to date a non-Rennie. I get to be the one to introduce him to everything! We did go to the Great Lakes Medieval Faire and he did end up dressing up for it, so he can be convinced. It's just not his world.....yet. ;)
Ferret
Wench #1486
Bard #245

groomporter

The "Yellow Pages" have long been a message and rose delivery service on the MNRF site, they've just announced they can take orders via text message, and are considering accepting Paypal.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?