News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Feedback on Castle of the Day

Started by DonaCatalina, August 17, 2009, 12:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arbcoind

2/8/13 Castle:

LOVE the landscaping!

Gina

Bob of the Lake

Agreed. The landscaping is fabulous--very ornate. Glad I don't have to take care of it!  :)
I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel

DonaCatalina

Quote from: Godric on February 18, 2013, 08:44:08 AM
Dona Catalina- thanks for this thread! It is so interesting to get to see them, I'm glad you have spent the time doing this for us.
You are welcome. I am always willing to take requests as well.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

DonaCatalina

Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Bob of the Lake

It will take me a day to figure out how to pronouce "Aghjkaghala!"  ;)
            - Hammy the Squirrel

DonaCatalina

Burg Ronnenberg hosts a Medieval Christmas Market.

Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

DonaCatalina

would anyone notice if I stopped doing the Castle of the Day?
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Merlin the Elder

Yes... But how long do you want to keep it up?  You have done an amazing job of collecting this information!

I haven't been as diligent in checking the forum with the move and all, but it seemed that you missed a few days in there... Do you weary of the task?  I can certainly understand it if you do.   Either way, you have my thanks for the education!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Bob of the Lake

What Merlin said. I enjoy it and view it each day but realize it is a big job to keep it up and would understand if you wanted to "retire" from it. I add my thanks for all you've done whatever your decision.

Here's a thought: what about a Castle of the Week or Month?
            - Hammy the Squirrel

arbcoind

Dona,

I would miss Castle of the Day too, but I'm sure posting a new castle everyday is a huge amount of work on your part.  A Castle of the week or month might be more manageable.

Should you decide to stop the daily postings, I want to thank you for all your hard work, research and commitment.  Sometimes things just have to end.

Gina

NoBill Lurker

I check it out every day to see what you've found for us now! And as we just missed this threads "5 year anniversary" back on 5-7 I don't think anyone could blame you for wanting to retire it or at least you may want to cut back to say "Castle of the Week" maybe?
So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???

DonaCatalina

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on May 16, 2013, 06:16:02 AM
Yes... But how long do you want to keep it up?  You have done an amazing job of collecting this information!

I haven't been as diligent in checking the forum with the move and all, but it seemed that you missed a few days in there... Do you weary of the task?  I can certainly understand it if you do.   Either way, you have my thanks for the education!

I have been battling an intestinal virus this week, so I have been a little wiped out. Thanks for the appreciation. We'll see how it goes as I feel better.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

dbaldock

Quote from: DonaCatalina on May 17, 2013, 04:40:07 AM
Quote from: Merlin the Elder on May 16, 2013, 06:16:02 AM

I have been battling an intestinal virus this week, so I have been a little wiped out. Thanks for the appreciation. We'll see how it goes as I feel better.

Sometime in the next week or so, I'll have some photos processed and posted from my recent holiday in Ireland.  We didn't focus too much on castles, but did visit the Rock of Cashel and Trim Castle.

Take Care & Get Well Soon!
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Merlin the Elder

Sorry that you've been ill, Doña!  A lot of folks up here have had the stomach bug, too!  Hope you're better. A slug of Jack will help.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

dbaldock

Hello Doña,

We didn't make a determined effort to visit Castles in Ireland on our recent holiday there, but I did take some photos at:

The Rock of Cashel
https://secure.flickr.com/photos/david-r-baldock/sets/72157633766387682/

Knappogue Castle
https://secure.flickr.com/photos/david-r-baldock/sets/72157633766549038/

Craggaunowen Castle
https://secure.flickr.com/photos/david-r-baldock/sets/72157633765265449/

and Trim Castle
https://secure.flickr.com/photos/david-r-baldock/sets/72157633815033210/

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous