News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Feedback on Castle of the Day

Started by DonaCatalina, August 17, 2009, 12:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob of the Lake

Very nice, David! Thanks for sharing.
I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel

DonaCatalina

My daughter likes visiting historic parts of the cities she visits and she has learned to ask me if there are any castles. If the castle survives, then generally there are other older and interesting places nearby. Your photos are great David, thanks for sharing. You might consider scheduling your next European trip around castle tours. LOL.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

dbaldock

Quote from: DonaCatalina on June 06, 2013, 04:57:07 AM
My daughter likes visiting historic parts of the cities she visits and she has learned to ask me if there are any castles. If the castle survives, then generally there are other older and interesting places nearby. Your photos are great David, thanks for sharing. You might consider scheduling your next European trip around castle tours. LOL.

I'd really like to go back to the UK, and see the castles along the Welsh borderlands, and also ride the Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland Railways -

Click on the images to visit the UK Map of Castles web site.

Northern Wales

Southern Wales
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Merlin the Elder

It's 0936 and the Doña hasn't posted today's castle... I hope all is well, Luv...  :-*
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

DonaCatalina

It says something about people that for every photo of a magnificent tower against a beautiful backdrop; there is a photo of the garderobe.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

arbcoind

10/3/13 Castle of the Day....jaw drop!

Gina

arbcoind

10/25/13 Castle.  How on earth was it built on that cliff?  The views are amazing.

Gina

DonaCatalina

Quote from: arbcoind on November 01, 2013, 08:09:07 AM
10/25/13 Castle.  How on earth was it built on that cliff?  The views are amazing.

Gina
One stone at a time. People using hand tools were pretty ingenious.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Bob of the Lake

Krumlov Castle (11/6/13) - Wow! But it would take you 10 years to learn your way around the place!
I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel

Norfolk

DC, your Castle Of The Day thread is MAGNIFICENT! 

As for your 11/25/13 post on Goslar:  The Duchess and I toured this castle on several occasions while we were stationed in Germany in the 70's.  It was a favorite place for us to take friends and family who came to visit.  Talk about stepping back in time!
Just call me "Your Grace"

Merlin the Elder

It is a beautiful entry! The blue statues... I have to wonder how thick that patina is. I look at those and laugh because a few years ago, a new-elected Secretary of State decided that the statues on the state capitol grounds needed to be cleaned because they had turned blue. As I recall, he didn't get re-elected...
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

dbaldock

The castle where this photo was taken must be right up there with the oldest ones around (built during the dinosaur era)...   ;)   ;D

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

DonaCatalina

There were several weird metal sculptures inside the castle. I have no idea why.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

dbaldock

Quote from: DonaCatalina on January 08, 2014, 05:05:54 AM
There were several weird metal sculptures inside the castle. I have no idea why.

Possibly there are fossils in the stones which were used to construct the castle.