News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Parade opening day?

Started by andy, August 28, 2009, 09:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy

My family and I were at the MNRF on opening day and had a blast as always and were there from open til close! But we didn't see or hear the parade all day. Was there one? Or were we in the wrong place at the wrong time?
Roses are red, violets are blue. I like peanut butter. Can you swim?

Noble Dreg

Can't say I saw the parade myself but it typically starts at the midday cannon.  Starts near the Bakery stage.  I was down by the Legend stage at that time so I would not have seen it.
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

groomporter

Last year they started moving the parade to 11:30 so it's not such a drain on cast members on the really hot days.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

LadyAnna

I was there on opening day and saw the parade go by when we were in the back part of the grounds. I honestly have no idea what time it was.

gracefulcarrie

It was an 11:30 parade again on opening weekend.  We saw it in front of the Foaming Stein near the end of the route.  They put the royalty at the front this year... the very front.

Lady L

Yes, parade is at 11:30 am. Because of the mud on Sat., they didn't go the regular route, but a shorter route instead- around Bad Manor.
Former Shop Owner at MNRF

andy

Thanks everyone. We will make sure to time it right next time. 
Roses are red, violets are blue. I like peanut butter. Can you swim?

TheFerret

The earlier parade time messes with me a little. It use to be a good gage of how sales were going as it was around mid-day. Now I have to keep reminding myself that the day isn't sucking yet as it's only been a couple of hours.
Ferret
Wench #1486
Bard #245
Sweet Shouter for Seventh Sojourn Soaps
I've got ADOS: Attention Deficit OOOH Shiny!

William_MacKean

Quote from: groomporter on August 28, 2009, 10:18:07 PM
Last year they started moving the parade to 11:30 so it's not such a drain on cast members on the really hot days.

So that's why it was so cool this summer!

Just like blaming the rain on your neighbor for washing his car.

It would seem that Mother Nature is not without humor...