News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Other Royalty?

Started by Thumper, September 08, 2009, 10:01:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katie Bookwench

Quote from: renfairephotog on September 10, 2009, 06:55:23 PM
and it stars Bruce Campbell.

even better: Bruce Campbell IS Elvis! 

Old Elvis. Old Elvis, in a nursing home.

Old Elvis, in a nursing home....with a rather interesting case of...well, you folks will just have to rent it.  ;D

Great movie. Wierd as all get out, but great.

Katie O'Connell - Hollygrove Library
(aka The Bookwench)
Licensed Wench - IWG Local 57

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

Quote from: Katie Bookwench on September 11, 2009, 07:58:20 AM
Quote from: renfairephotog on September 10, 2009, 06:55:23 PM
and it stars Bruce Campbell.

even better: Bruce Campbell IS Elvis! 

Old Elvis. Old Elvis, in a nursing home.

Old Elvis, in a nursing home....with a rather interesting case of...well, you folks will just have to rent it.  ;D

Great movie. Wierd as all get out, but great.

Bubba Ho-Tep rocks.  Unfortunately, the sequel will be lacking Bruce Campbell, but *will* star Ron Perlman and Paul Giamatti (for whom I possess a healthy dose of hetero-man-love).
(This space for rent)

Madge Estes

When I first started playing Elizabeth here at MiRF, I heard the question often.  After all, I took the role after years of having a king and queen here.  Ten years of hard work has created this fair an Elizabethan faire.  That coupled with the numerous movies (Shakepeare in Love, Elizabeth, The Golden Age, etc.) even with their numerous historical inaccuracies, has helped further to educate people on Elizabeth.  Many of my bits regarding a husband are rarely pulled out any more.  In fact, this year, I think I have only done the no-husband bits maybe three times!

Quote from: L Dale Walter on September 10, 2009, 08:44:32 AM
How many times a day does Caroline, the performers making up the court, or the rest of the cast get asked "Where is the King?".  We hear it constantly.
Live so your dreams recognize you.

nliedel

Quote from: Madge Estes on September 11, 2009, 02:39:20 PM
When I first started playing Elizabeth here at MiRF, I heard the question often.  After all, I took the role after years of having a king and queen here.  Ten years of hard work has created this fair an Elizabethan faire.  That coupled with the numerous movies (Shakepeare in Love, Elizabeth, The Golden Age, etc.) even with their numerous historical inaccuracies, has helped further to educate people on Elizabeth.  Many of my bits regarding a husband are rarely pulled out any more.  In fact, this year, I think I have only done the no-husband bits maybe three times!

Quote from: L Dale Walter on September 10, 2009, 08:44:32 AM
How many times a day does Caroline, the performers making up the court, or the rest of the cast get asked "Where is the King?".  We hear it constantly.

"No *NEED* of a husband." I'm close enough to hear it in the morning and the way you look at Burleigh, should make the mans blood run cold. It's hysterical. The best part about it, is that it's an aside not everybody gets to enjoy. It's conversational and not overplayed. When the Vulgarians asked about your children, today, I not only heard a couple of the cast members say, "we are your children," but a couple of the playtrons as well. I was really thrilled that the people are getting that part of her story. That she not only was a brilliant politician, but a mother to all of England. It was what made her a great queen. Not that she held power, and stayed off usurpers, but that she did it in a way that made her countrymen love her.
My journey from mundane to Ren Actor

Pipere

Quote from: nliedel on September 13, 2009, 09:47:56 PM
When the Vulgarians asked about your children, today, I not only heard a couple of the cast members say, "we are your children," but a couple of the playtrons as well.

.... Aw heck, ve have a lot more people to kill then...
Margraffin Katya Ghuttzout- Vulgarian overlady
Balquis al-Quasim- Turkish assassin
& the lazy college student Jeni

L Dale Walter

Quote from: Madge Estes on September 11, 2009, 02:39:20 PM
When I first started playing Elizabeth here at MiRF, I heard the question often.  After all, I took the role after years of having a king and queen here.  Ten years of hard work has created this fair an Elizabethan faire.  That coupled with the numerous movies (Shakepeare in Love, Elizabeth, The Golden Age, etc.) even with their numerous historical inaccuracies, has helped further to educate people on Elizabeth.  Many of my bits regarding a husband are rarely pulled out any more.  In fact, this year, I think I have only done the no-husband bits maybe three times!

It's very possible that they are not asking about the king to QE, but -A- king, as there have been numerous ones at MiRF in the last 10 years, including Spanish, French, German, and that guy in blue who didn't work at MiRF but kept telling people he was king.  With none of them here in 2009, and assuming that the average patron comes every 2-3 years, it is very possible that the last time they were at MiRF there was a king.

LDW

gypsyqueenie

"alot more people to kill"

Oh yes and with the invasion of the Outlanders and their allies the Brethren of the Great Lakes this coming weekend- we as QEI's personal privateers/mercs and our Fleets et al make it nearly impossible for the Spanish Armada - hmmm - kinda reminds me of the burning boat I did near the fountain mmm??

I indeed do pity the Spanish.... - nah - but I do like their jewelry :0 (pilfering as we speak)

Always in your service,
AMR

Admiral Morgan Ramirez MD
Pirate Lord of Lake Huron
Brethren of the Great Lakes Inc
Michigan Pirate Festival
etc

Poldugarian Warrior

What's funny though is that even if Queen Elizabeth had married. I don't think the people of England would've thought him/a king as powerful as Queen Elizabeth, Because of her running the kingdom so smoothly for as long as she did, and she probably wouldn't let him possess as much power. Though it may have been a man's world back then. Queen Elizabeth was the exception to the rule. If you think about it. We only want to change presidents if they are no good, so why would they want to replace a good Queen with a King, just because he's male. Times were changing then, and times were getting better.

Lord Virgil

Pipere,

I absolutely LOVE your new character this year.  I'm happy to see you more involved in the whole show, not just the opening skit (as well as the one who played Pandora last year, she's a hoot too!).  You (and your male counterpart) are so much fun to watch, and your interactions with the crowd are AWESOME! Keep up the good work and please pass on the compliments to your fellow Vulgarians!!

Hail Vulgaria...Hail Yes!!
Nothing better in life than enjoying a pint amongst friends...Huzzah!

Pipere

Aww, well thank you Virgil, I can really appreciate that coming from somebody such as yourself who attends regularly. I have to say, I'm enjoying the character switch too and I'll pass that along to my brother and cousin.

(Blood makes the grass grow:Kill! Kill! Kill!)
Margraffin Katya Ghuttzout- Vulgarian overlady
Balquis al-Quasim- Turkish assassin
& the lazy college student Jeni

nliedel

Pipere actually smiles her head off back stage. I love seeing her and Sean love doing this part so very much.

The evil that oozes from her always comes with a satisfaction I find disturbing, in a really good way. It's darn hard to play evil at a Festival and she has it down pat. Evil and ridiculous. So perfect.
My journey from mundane to Ren Actor

Lord Virgil

Oh, you can tell Pipere and her fellow Vulgarians are having a great time playing these characters.  Getting to be bad can be way more fun than being good.  As long as you play it like they do (they consider the boos as cheers) it's gotta be fun to do.  I harass them every time they pass the pub and you can acutally see their faces light up as you boo them, great fun!! 
Nothing better in life than enjoying a pint amongst friends...Huzzah!

Severus Schmidt

I want to be a mute Vulgarian please I would be great at it I never say anything. And I would like to note I read this whole thread while I was at work :)

Poldugarian Warrior

Don't let them at work find that out. I used to access this site at work, and evryone else accessed their sites they liked as well when things got slow. But, now nobody can access any sites that aren't work related even on lunch break.

Severus Schmidt

True but im the IT guy lol but thanks