News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Arthur"s Day 24 September

Started by Scotsman, September 17, 2009, 05:55:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotsman

250 years of Guinness!

Does anyone want to get together for a pint at Brian Boru? Maybe dinner?

We can give the limited edition 250 Guinness a spin!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

mehan

I will be there in spirit(s).  I can't get any time off work so I applied with our HR department for "religious dispensation" to drink 16 ounces of Guinness during lunch (the official toast time is 12:16PM here) in observance of my religious beliefs.  

This was their reply - (I have the rarest of HR department heads, one with a sense of humor)

>>> Dan Cole 9/1/2009 10:04:01 AM >>>
you'll have to find an irish minister to administer the rites... did I mention that i have an internet minister license?

>>>  9/1/2009 10:05 AM >>>
Then you must join me - and we should get dispensation for 32 ounces, for you are VERY religious

>>> Dan Cole 9/1/2009 10:04:01 AM >>>
Yes, I get so moved by the spirits, sometimes, that i fall to the ground and speak in tongues...

Scotsman

Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Dallan

As per usual we have a kid committement on the 24th. There is a chance we could do something on the 25th if your interested. 250 years and a day.
Fight'n

mehan

Did either of you catch that this is the 250 anniversary of his signing a 9000 year lease? (Huh? 9000, wonder if it was rent controlled?).