News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

For My Son

Started by Lady Gwyndolyn, September 18, 2009, 10:15:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Gwyndolyn

I had the hardest decision of my life to make.  Tough love isn't easy to do, but when it has to be done, you do it.  Well, it was my turn.  After a weekend of working on site and attending faire, we come home to find $150.00 missing.  My son has been doing some very bad things as of late.  Having parties in the house when we aren't home.  Smoking, drinking.... and he is only 18.  So this was the final straw.... I kicked him out of the house.  At 18 he should have a job, should be in college, should be doing something to better himself.. but he doesn't want to do anything but spend time with his friends...  So what is a parent to do?  Well..  I did the only thing I knew to do, make him grow up.  Did I do wrong?  And if I didn't, why do I feel so bad about it?  All I want is for him to be safe and to have a good life.  I am sure that is the way all parents think and pray for their children.  But when it doesn't happen that way, what is a parent to do? 
Lady Gwyndolyn
Duchess of Kearsley

Sir James of Milford

I do not know you or your son, so I cant say with any certainty that is was right or wrong.  But, when I was a lad of only 17, I was also into a lot of things I shouldn't have.  My parents asked me to leave their home (in a not so polite manner) and I was also forced to grow up and get my life straight.  It was now up to me to house, feed, and support myself.  I learned the hard way, as I'm sure your son will do, but I am so greatful for my parents for teaching me that hard lesson.   All I can say is stand behind you decision and hope for the best.
Sir James of Milford
Edward II, Duke of Yorkshire

Lady Kett

My heart goes out to you Lady Gwyndolyn. It is not easy being a parent and you do indeed have to show your kids that there are consequences to their actions.

Thoughts and prayers are on the way to you, and your son.

Celtic_Fae

I'm sorry for the tough decision that you had to make. Tough love is called tough not only because of the consequences, but also due to the fact that it is never an easy decision to make. But I applaud you for it. When he does grow up, he will respect you all the more for it.