News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Great Trip!

Started by Master James, September 21, 2009, 12:33:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master James

M'lady and I attended your faire this past weekend and as usual had a great time!  Saw many old friends but somehow missed a number of you, Lady De La Warr, Sir Oswyn and Sir Esteban to be precise.  Couldn't make it to the pub at 2 as we were at the joust.  :(

Colleen it was wonderful to see you again and thank Her Majesty for me for being so gracious as she always is.  It is a delight to "play" with the court there.  Not sure if we'll make it back up there for closing weekend or not.  Might just do a day trip though.  We'll see.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Lady de la Warr

Milord - you did not see us because we were not there. Unfortunately I had to work due to an emergency.  :(

Master James

Ah that would explain it then!  Sadly we won't be making it this weekend for the family gathering so I guess the next time I will see you will be CRF unless you are coming back to MDRF anytime soon?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Lady de la Warr

Oh yes, we will be back at MDRF at least a couple of times - for sure closing weekend (we have hotel reservations) and possibly at least one more day besides (Oct 18 mayhap???).

McGuinness

Glad to hear you had a good time, it was great to talk with you again (even if it did take me forever to figure out your lingo!). I hope you get to come up again sometime - are you trying to make it up for the old final weekend (10/24-25) or for the new final weekend that they added (10/31-11/1)?

Oh, and Bri (Lady Frances Sidney, the one in navy blue) has said she loves your lady's blackwork chemise and wants one now!

Master James

Quote from: Colleen McGuinness on September 24, 2009, 07:59:23 AM
Glad to hear you had a good time, it was great to talk with you again (even if it did take me forever to figure out your lingo!). I hope you get to come up again sometime - are you trying to make it up for the old final weekend (10/24-25) or for the new final weekend that they added (10/31-11/1)?

Oh, and Bri (Lady Frances Sidney, the one in navy blue) has said she loves your lady's blackwork chemise and wants one now!

What do you mean figure out my lingo!  I was speaking the Queen's english.  LOL  It was fantastic seeing you as well even for the short time we got to chat.  Please tell Her Grace thank you!  It was a pleasure speaking with her and the fact that she remember my name with everyone she talks to throughout the day was truly amazing.  We MAY be up for the new closing weekend since the previous weekend is MDRF's closing weekend and we already have plans to be there.  And if Lady Sydney would like a chemise like m'lady's, you or she can contact Lady Maerwynn on this board as she is the one who did all that fabulous blackwork.  Hope we can see you again this season but if not, hopefully you can attend VARF again this spring and come see us.
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
FoMDRF
RFC #51

SrEstebanLegaspi

Sorry I missed you all Master James. I've been 'in cognito' for the majority of the season concentrating purely on my photography. So most times I am seen I'll usually be aiming at the viewer and surreptitiously snapping their portraits (case in point below).

I will be trying to get back down to MDRF for the closing weekend so hopefully we'll be able to see you then. With luck my wife will be able to go with.

Warm Regards.
SeƱor Esteban Maniquis y Legaspi
Nosce te ipsum

Master James

Well I FINALLY got the pictures I took from my daughter.  Like a dummy I left my camera in the camper thinking it was in the car and so when we got to faire I found I was without it so I borrowed my daughter's.  Not a DSLR like mine but it took some really nice pictures.  Here you go and enjoy!  http://community.webshots.com/album/574878461wAWpTG
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
FoMDRF
RFC #51