News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Good Morning America filming at PaRF this weekend!

Started by McGuinness, September 24, 2009, 06:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McGuinness

Exciting news for PaRF and renaissance faires in general...Good Morning America will be filming all this coming Oktoberfest weekend! As I understand it, they will be doing some general filming on Saturday and the personalities will be visiting on Sunday for a feature story about the renaissance faire popularity nationwide on the show during the week. I'm not sure when the actual story will be showing, but keep your eyes open for it!

Master James

How exciting!  If you find out when it will air let us know!
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

McGuinness

The Good Morning America crew and Marysol were at the faire this weekend, despite our very rainy weather. No word on when it will be on the air though, apparently no air date has been set as of yet.

SrEstebanLegaspi

Some shots from their efforts this past Sunday...

Marysol on the Chess Board

Filming the Queen

now for a Closeup

Lots more in the album for that weekend as well.
Señor Esteban Maniquis y Legaspi
Nosce te ipsum

Master James

Excellent pics but I tried to go to the full album and it says page cannot be displayed.  :(
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Lady Amy of York

If anyone  finds out when they plan to air it, let us  know. :)
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

SrEstebanLegaspi

Quote from: Master James on September 29, 2009, 11:43:55 AM
Excellent pics but I tried to go to the full album and it says page cannot be displayed.  :(

Sorrrry about that... I screwed up the URL. I fixed them now.  ;D
Señor Esteban Maniquis y Legaspi
Nosce te ipsum

lordwriothsley

Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

kcdcchef

any news on when this is airing colleen?? they are filiming at my other faire, kcrf, this week for a documentary titled huzzah. about the rennies and all that goes into it.

McGuinness

I emailed one of our marketing people today who arranged the visit about a possible airdate. She says it is supposed to be on next weekend, October 10th or 11th. I'll try to let you know if I hear anything different.

lordwriothsley

Thanks Colleen. I was wandering the same thing as well (when they were going to air the story). I will try to catch it if I am not working that day.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

McGuinness

So, it was apparently not on last weekend but Scott (the faire owner) has said on his Twitter page and on the faire's Facebook page that it will be on tomorrow, October 17th. Hopefully it makes it this time around!

McGuinness

You didn't miss anything...it apparently got bumped again. Too much coverage of the silver balloon thing I suppose. Oh well, hopefully it'll make it on air sometime!

Aaroncois

Hey - I just finished watching today's GMA Weekend show and figured there'd probably be a thread about it here. Grats to the PARF folks for the attention. And grats to Darklord for making the national news - they had a full waist-up shot of him on for several seconds!

I love GMA Weekend.