News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Henry VIII?

Started by LaurenLee, September 28, 2009, 02:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurenLee

OK.. after I finish outfitting the cutest little 8 yr old to look like Captain Jack Sparrow, my next project is going to be a Henry VIII ensemble.  I have beautiful coordinating cotton velvet and  gold-shot brocade in what can only be described as a pumpkin/cranberry color; a good quantity of high-quality fake fur (taken from a vintage plus-sized coat I found in a thrift store)...and lots of natural material for lining and interlining. I have the Reconstructing History pattern for Tudor Nobleman's Gown and Jerkin...I'm all set.

My question is, do any of you know anyone who might be interested in such an outfit? I'm making it, no matter what, but I can certainly make it in a certain size if someone might be tempted to purchase it when it's done...  I need a break from women's clothing for awhile... :D

laurenlee

LadySeasan

Although I have an unnatural obsession with Henry VIII, I am sure my husband would not dress up with him.

Those fabrics sound wonderful, perhaps you should make a gown?
Clan M'Crack-Season M'Crack