News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Memorial Weekend Weather

Started by Element of Air, May 23, 2008, 11:59:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Var Greyshadow

Glad to hear everyone is doing well!

We made it till 3:30 on Saturday and decided to just head back to the motel and cool off.  Sunday was a bit better, but still only got to 5:00. 

Monday, I was determined that we'd make it the whole day.  We both survived Death March, even carrying our steel (THANK YOU, THANK YOU to the First Aid guys down by the Chess Board who passed cups of Gatorade down our lines as we were waiting for the parade to end).  After that, we plopped at Friends of Faire, then moved only far enough for Lawrence to get some fish and chips.  Then, we stumbled over to the King's Pub for part of the Rambling Sailors' show before trudging out ot the carriage to get rid of his heavy Claymore.  We skipped the "war" as well.  Just came back in and sat off to the side of Hightower Square for a while.  Made it to the Bard O'Neill's 4:30 at the White Horse, and by then the temp was becoming tolerable, so we followed her down to the pub sing at the King's Pub.  Hung around in the parking lot for a little while, till the sheriff started coming around and glaring at us.

I think I had the best times hanging out in the parking lot in the mornings and in the last three hours of faire on Monday.

It was great to see everyone and to meet some people I hadn't met in person yet.
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"