News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Barely Balanced - did I just witness their last PARF performances?

Started by Lucid, October 05, 2009, 12:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucid

From what I understand there will be a meeting on Tue. where they will discuss this (and other) matters, and nothing is finalized yet... but from the bravado I have the feeling I saw their last shows at the PARF.

My personal opinion is that this would be detrimental to the PARF.  They already lost one of their biggest draws (Tartan Terrors).  Anybody that's been to a B.B. show before knows the type of crowds they draw.  I think it would make a lot of people lose a lot of their incentive for showing up.  As much as I love the faire, with most of my favorite acts gone, and money being tight, it would make me reconsider.  I'm sure I'm merely one of many.  I don't know all the details but I gather this other "obligation" (Carolina, I presume), is offering them more money.  I think the PARF should match the offer, if it's practical for them. 

Insert Clever Comment Here

michaelulrich

Barely Balanced were only ever hired for a limited run at PA this year.   Like Don Juan & Miguel and Jim Hancock, they are off to North Carolina.  

Hopefully next year they will be around for the whole run.

beeboy

McGuinness

Quote from: beeboy on December 23, 2009, 12:15:19 AM
I heard rumor that Dregn quit the group

Dreagn did indeed leave the group to pursue a more musical road. He's been in an act with another former PaRF performer called the Dandy Pirates for a couple years now - VERY funny and entertaining - and I know he's also done some other performances at bars and whatnot.

Barely Balanced does have a new base, although his name escapes me at the moment. Cameron has posted it on their facebook page so he, Casey, and the New Guy are still performing. I imagine its still far too early to know who will be at PaRF next season, but Barely Balanced does still exist and will be around somewhere.