News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Need help identifying a lane character

Started by justsomeguytn, October 15, 2009, 09:48:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justsomeguytn

Does anyone know the character name of the lady dragging a bone by a string and singing funny songs to the patrons?  She called me (and others) Barry all weekend.  Oh, and in case she happens to read this, I'm not Barry because I'm wearing a hat.

will paisley

Quote from: justsomeguytn on October 15, 2009, 09:48:42 AM
Does anyone know the character name of the lady dragging a bone by a string and singing funny songs to the patrons?  She called me (and others) Barry all weekend.  Oh, and in case she happens to read this, I'm not Barry because I'm wearing a hat.

That would be Mad Maggie, ("but I'm not angry!").  The bone's name is Richard (her Draggin').  And btw, you ARE Barry. We all are.
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

will paisley

Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

Raibeart OShea

I thought that I was Barry...

Richard does such good tricks.  He can 'stay' and 'play dead' with the best of them...
Latha math dhuibh.
Raibeart O'Shea
HomeFaire: CRF
Attended: NCRF 09, GARF 09, 10
Plans to attend: Them ALL.

Sir Sebastian Phoenix

Ay... that is Maggie. It's hardly a good day unless I get a "good marrow" from her at the end.

Richard has some new tricks so I hear.
Sir Sebastian Phoenix
Baron of the Black Plains
Commander of the Bradwei Eights
Lt in their Majesties Royal Guard

Lord Cartwright

If you were at the pub sing on Sunday Maggie and Richard did a lovely song, really not bawdy at all.

Sir Sebastian Phoenix

She's got a great voice. I have seen more children smiling ear to ear because of her than a lot of street characters.
Sir Sebastian Phoenix
Baron of the Black Plains
Commander of the Bradwei Eights
Lt in their Majesties Royal Guard

justsomeguytn

Quote from: Sir Sebastian Phoenix on October 19, 2009, 11:07:18 AM
She's got a great voice. I have seen more children smiling ear to ear because of her than a lot of street characters.

She has an incredible voice.  Honestly her act fooled me into not expecting that voice to come out of her.  On Sunday morning of opening weekend she sang the song about all the guys before Barry.  Hopefully the camcorder caught all of it.  She is definately one of my favorite parts of faire now.

Dirtfarmer

I'll pass that along to her... It will make her very happy.

Now that she is no longer with Hither/Dither/Yon she does not do the bawdy stuff like any longer.  Her show is kid oriented (that is her stage show which she has yet to do at CRF), but adults will also enjoy it.  I hope they let her have some stage slots at some point this season, but she is so strong in the streets that it may not happen.

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

She is a lot of fun and always enjoy her character as Mad Maggie w/Richard!
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

justsomeguytn

Quote from: Dirtfarmer on October 19, 2009, 05:24:22 PM
I'll pass that along to her... It will make her very happy.

Now that she is no longer with Hither/Dither/Yon she does not do the bawdy stuff like any longer.  Her show is kid oriented (that is her stage show which she has yet to do at CRF), but adults will also enjoy it.  I hope they let her have some stage slots at some point this season, but she is so strong in the streets that it may not happen.

They should give her the Poetic Justice slot at the Royal Pavillion.  I liked the guy doing Poetic Justice when he was interacting with people in the lanes and at the front gate but the act in the pavillion just fell flat.

Lady de la Warr

Ahhh yes............the wonderous Mad Maggie. Not only is she one of my favorite faire characters, she is one of my favorite people  8)

And speaking of favorites............and children (dirtfarmer you DID mention children)...........and her performing strength in the lanes (also mentioned by dirtfarmer)............here are some of my favorite Mad Maggie pictures, taken in the lanes of VARF, closing weekend 2009:

http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w266/linux_queen/Faire/2009/VARF/Closing_June13/?action=view&current=p6131428.jpg

http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w266/linux_queen/Faire/2009/VARF/Closing_June13/?action=view&current=p6131429.jpg

You will have to visit the links because I didn't resize the pics before uploading so they are HUGE!!

Enjoy

P.S. - Dirtfarmer - please say hello to her for me. I miss you guys  ;)