News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Are YOU on Myspace, Livejournal, Facebook, etc?

Started by Drake Starsong, May 26, 2008, 11:03:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowan MacD

Quote from: Rani Zemirah on April 04, 2011, 12:20:22 AM
Rowen, I received a friend request from you the other day, but when I clicked confirm it said something weird like "unable to confirm at this time, try again later"... so if it didn't accept on your end, then please send it again!  

Oops... spoke too soon!  It was there again, and this time it worked!  ::)  :D 
Yep ^_^
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Alexandra Johanna

I don't know if this topic is still active, but I will try sending out some friend requests on Facebook.  If anyone would like to add me, my Facebook information is:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000729810471

I'm addicted to my camera phone and post a lot of pictures of my sewing and craft projects. But we're also active with our dogs in the cooler months, so there is a lot of that too :-)

Huzzah! (just felt like throwing that in there... its almost the weekend and I'm ready to revel! LOL)

Alexandra

Rowan MacD

I'll do that ;D.  They have FB blocked here at work so it won't be till this evening.... ;D
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

The Lady Mercedes

Just an update: In the interest of more personal control, I have deleted my RenSpace account and moved everything to my new blog All Things Rennie. Hopefully I'll see you folks there! :)
Why be mundane when you can be a Rennie?!

Butch

WOW!  That font makes the verbiage difficult to read (for me, at least).

Merlin the Elder

Yeah... not to be critical, Lady Mercedes, but Butch is right. Some fonts are just not effective for web use. Old English style fonts would probably be okay as a header (in a larger type size), but as general text, it's really difficult and a lot of work to read. 

Sans serif style fonts (Arial, Swiss, etc.) are generally considered the easiest on the eyes.  Yeah, it gets boring, but if you use good layout design and colours, you can more than make up for it. I'm one of those people who can recognize a good-looking design, but I can't come up with one for the life of me!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Captain Teague

http://www.facebook.com/captteague?ref=tn_tnmn

Two things to note:

1. I do not do games on facebook, please do not add me just to ask me to join games.

2. Publically correct, but not always Family Friendly (Or at least what seems to be the latest definition these days  ::) ). Pirate after all.  ;)
The Code is the Law...

The Lady Mercedes

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on February 22, 2012, 02:00:16 PM
Yeah... not to be critical, Lady Mercedes, but Butch is right. Some fonts are just not effective for web use. Old English style fonts would probably be okay as a header (in a larger type size), but as general text, it's really difficult and a lot of work to read. 

Sans serif style fonts (Arial, Swiss, etc.) are generally considered the easiest on the eyes.  Yeah, it gets boring, but if you use good layout design and colours, you can more than make up for it. I'm one of those people who can recognize a good-looking design, but I can't come up with one for the life of me!
Thanks for the advice! I have found one that is more readable! I've just left the headlines in the original font.

Merlin the Elder

The Lady Mercedes

Lady Kett

I blame Bonny Pearl and Dona Catalina...though mainly Bonny!  :-* :-*

But...here I am... http://www.facebook.com/LadyKettScarborough

If one of those lovely ladies missed linking (or whatever) me to you, feel free to find me!

angusmacinnes

There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

Bonny Pearl

Quote from: Lady Kett on May 07, 2012, 06:40:11 PM
I blame Bonny Pearl and Dona Catalina...though mainly Bonny!  :-* :-*

But...here I am... http://www.facebook.com/LadyKettScarborough

If one of those lovely ladies missed linking (or whatever) me to you, feel free to find me!

Welcome to the dark side... we have cookies :)
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Rani Zemirah

Don't believe her, Kett... I'm STILL waiting for MY cookies!!!  :P 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Merlin the Elder

I think you went past the dark side, Rani.

EDIT: I am a fallen man. Now I want my damned cookies. Chocolate chip...soft...warm...with milk.