News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Media coverage pet peave

Started by groomporter, August 17, 2009, 07:44:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Random Girl

LOL you got through to them buddy, I watched the news last night and Fox 9 is the "Official Meterologists of the Minnesota Renaissance Festival"  I didn't catch all they talked about but it was so funny.
~~Nessa~~
Safety Services Maven of Midnight
Crew member of the S.S. Hookers and Blow
Odissimur Iocos - We hate fun

MissBubu

Hey Rafe! Was that your lovely fiance' (with her wings) I saw on the front of the Weekend Life section of the Pioneer Press today?

ladydiwinter

In Bemidji it wasn't until 2 days ago I started to hear ads on our radio stations. I have still yet to see something on tv and I have all of the local stations too. All I know is the news did nothing but cover the Vikings game last night due to the fact that Farve played a whole two posessions.  :-\ I hope all football season isn't like this.
I hope the lack of media doesn't hinder the Fest.
We can't stop here...this is bat country!
I want my junior mints, where did the junior mints go in the Movies.

Phelyp, Lord Maydestone

We've had tv promos all the way up here north of the border!
It's always time for Chardonnay!

William_MacKean

And yet we managed to break openning day attendance records.  (14,000)

I guess the word got out anyway.  Props to the ad department, of course.

I am still disappointed in the lack of media enthusiasm.

Marietta Graziella

Well I did my part to help promote MNRF.  I walked into the Olive Garden in Maple Grove wearing my full garb and ordered food to go.   ;D

You should've seen the way the crowds parted for me to walk past!  You'd think I was carrying a vial of the plague or something!  LOL
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Muffin

Quote from: Marietta Graziella on August 24, 2009, 09:33:46 AM
Well I did my part to help promote MNRF.  I walked into the Olive Garden in Maple Grove wearing my full garb and ordered food to go.   ;D

You should've seen the way the crowds parted for me to walk past!  You'd think I was carrying a vial of the plague or something!  LOL

You weren't ringing your bells and yelling at them in Italian were you?  ;D :D
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Will Gamwell

Quote from: MissBubu on August 21, 2009, 03:02:55 PM
Hey Rafe! Was that your lovely fiance' (with her wings) I saw on the front of the Weekend Life section of the Pioneer Press today?

I have heard this twice now from people, but have yet to find a copy of that section of the paper.  If anyone has one, I would love to nab it from you!!!

Rafe

Marietta Graziella

Quote from: Muffin on August 24, 2009, 09:59:38 AM
Quote from: Marietta Graziella on August 24, 2009, 09:33:46 AM

You weren't ringing your bells and yelling at them in Italian were you?  ;D :D

;D  Nope, didn't need to.  I felt like Moses parting the Red Sea!   The jingling bells caught their attention and they pulled back in horror.  LOL
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

groomporter

Back to my original gripe. The Star Tribune talked about the State Fair on the top front page of the Sunday paper -and- had an 8-page special section on the fair, how about a little equal coverage?
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

groomporter

When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?