News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

a note of appreciation to all of you who support sherwood

Started by rengypsy, February 22, 2011, 04:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rengypsy

Greetings All,

Sherwood opened for its second season this last weekend.  It was grand.  We did not have the numbers we expected, but the prediction of rain may have kept the attendance down a bit.  But none of that deterred the excitement. 

The grounds were great.  The level of entertainment was spectacular.  The Joust was over the top.  Music, Music, Music.  The enchanted creatures were beautiful and everywhere.  The patrons were wonderful.

Our collective spirit was dancing between the earth and the heavens . . . and the air of Sherwood was nothing less than magical.

Please continue to spread the word about our Spring Festival.  We want to grow our tribe and patrons.  We have a fair amount of fliers left to be distributed...and would like assistance in getting one last canvasing of fliers out to local businesses, especially restaraunts throughout Austin, San Marcos, San Antonio, Houston and Bryan-College Station.

We will have them at the souviner booth and at the gate into the patron camp grounds if you have an interest in helping us.

We love you so much.  You make the vision a reality.  We are so appreciative of your support and commitment to Sherwood. 

We all came together to dream of something wonderful and here we are sitting in the middle of our dream that has become a reality. 

Rengypsy
it's all about the journey and the people we choose to make the journey with

dbaldock

I've handed out some fliers where I work at NASA, in the Software Development & Integration Labs (where the Space Station software is tested).  The SDIL is in the Sonny Carter Training Center building, about 4 miles north of the main NASA - JSC site.

I've also placed some flies at the Wings-Pizza-N-Things restaurant that's up the street from work.  (I believe that some of the wait-staff may be going to visit Sherwood Forest Faire the weekend of March 5-6th.  One of them has a Birthday on the 7th.)

Hope I can make it over to the Faire this year.  I'm in the midst of moving, and the expenses are higher than I expected - will just have to see how things are going at the end of March / beginning of April.

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Liraaf

I can tell you word is reaching all the way to Michigan about the fair.  I remember hearing about this back when I was living in Austin and wish I could've helped (but moved out of the area.)  I am glad to hear this is looking like it is going to be successful.  I hope to get there next season!