News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Has any one purchased from Calontir Trim recently?

Started by LadyStitch, June 14, 2011, 12:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyStitch

I am in need of a special trim, and they are the only one's that have it.  I've tried writting a few times, and never got a responce.  Have any of you ordered from him recently? 

After my bad expereince this past spring with trim, I'm a little concerned ordering now.
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Sorcha

I have never had them reply to an email that just had an informational question in it.
However, I have ordered from them and that process has always went smoothly.  I would probaby order from them again and hope I don't have any questions about the order.  ;)

LadyStitch

How long ago did you order? I just want to make sure they are still in buisness and taking orders.  3 days shipping I can handle, 8 weeks... not a chance.

bookwench

I ordered about 2 months ago and it all went like clockwork. 
"I base most of my fashion taste on what doesn't itch." -G. Radner

LadyStitch

gem

Response time in the summer can be slow, and I think it says that on the site, because he's often at fairs or SCA events. But because you DO have to send an email to make an order, that's a good time to ask your questions and find out his schedule.

LadyStitch

I really need to get the trim. I am hoping I can place the order tonight ( After director approval) and if I'm lucky get it out before he leaves for some event  for this weekend.
If I don't get it by Monday or Tuesday I'll have to go without it. 
It is just getting frustrating finding trim AND getting it to me in a timely manner without paying through the nose, or having to order $50+ worth of items.