News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2012 Opening Weekend

Started by Merlin the Elder, January 13, 2012, 03:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin the Elder

WoW! Seems like only yesterday... Okay, I'm lying. It seems like YEARS!!!

Nonetheless, in less than 85 days, Scarborough will be opening their gates for their 32nd year! As of mere moments ago, Nimue and I have reservations at the local Hampton Inn, and will be in the parking lot Saturday morning, possibly with an ice chest full of refreshments for anyone who happens to drop by. Just look for Homer, the Odyssey. I don't have Loki. No one has ever even let me sample Loki. But, there will probably be something else handy.

Will there be anyone else there who would like to assist us as we usher in the 2012 season?
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Captain Teague

Cross your fingers. We are working on being there as well. Maybe not with Loki, but if all goes well we will be bringing our favorite supply of Mead, Pirtle Blackberry.

(Never had Loki either. Communist plot, I tell you )  ;D
The Code is the Law...

angusmacinnes

I will be there.  Have had loki and I really dont think you have missed a lot.  Give it a try when you have a chance though.
There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

Alerrick Afon Adou

I will be there with the family. What time and what lane? I will have some beverages and we`ll see what else we can get together. ;D  Huzzah

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: Lord Dragon on January 13, 2012, 03:46:35 PM
(Never had Loki either. Communist plot, I tell you )  ;D

It may be just a feeble attempt to keep it out of the hands of the psychos...

Captain Teague

The Code is the Law...

Lady Kett

Me and my trusty Sidekick will be there - also with a trunk full of adult beverages.

Merlin the Elder

Adult beverages...does that mean Scotch that's at least 21 years old?  ;)   You've been missed, Lady K! Glad to see you back.

raevyncait

I'll be there, hopefully with some of the really good Loki.  Unfortunately, my all time favorite is no longer available, and I've only a couple of sips left. That being said, I'll be seeing my supplier in a couple of weeks and will be sure I've got a bottle, or two.

I think we're usually on Row 12, though if it's too full, we scooch over to 11. I'll be heading in to work before cannon, but am always in the parking lot by about 8, ESPECIALLY opening weekend.
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

Lady Gryphon

Merlin

Does that mean you'll be doing 2 weekend in a row?  I thought your special event was the next week, or did I write it down wrong.  Let me know so I can get my calendar straight

I have scotch but sadly it's not 21 YEars old, more like 12 -18  I can't afford anything older. 
Why do I feel like I've worn something like this before?

Merlin the Elder

As of yesterday, we decided to come both weekends. For opening, we'll likely be traveling alone. Week 2, the "special" one, we'll have some riders.  You have your calendar right.  We've done preview wekend the past few years, but we'll skip that this year so that we can do opening. Being 5 hours away, we just can't come every weekend, as much as we'd love to.

Tink

Josh will be working Scarby, so he'll be out there all season.  I am planning to be there opening weekend and Merlin & Nimue weekend :)
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. - W. Shakespeare

Merlin the Elder

Merlin

Quote from: Alerrick Afon Adou on January 13, 2012, 04:05:42 PM
I will be there with the family. What time and what lane? I will have some beverages and we`ll see what else we can get together. ;D  Huzzah

AAA.... get there early... 9ish... come to the FoF area...look for the Scottish flag... we are easy to find! Beverages are always good... I'll be bringing the usual mimosa's
Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

Alerrick Afon Adou

We will see you then Merlin. Lady Marion really likes the mimosas. Can`t wait till opening canon.       Huzzah