News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

MN should enact something like this...

Started by ladiedragon, July 10, 2008, 07:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ladiedragon

I have had this happen, getting block in the left lane behind some yahoo, going just the speed limit or UNDER it.  Left lane, passing lane!!!!!!

http://bonehead.oddballs.com/GettingUpToSpeed.html

Erynn

I don't understand why people drive in the left lane. More so, when people drive in the left lane, move over to the right when theres someone faster behind them (after a mile or so) then move right back over into the left lane once that person passes them. Just don't get it.

Sitara

My boyfriend always drives in the left lane which annoys me.  I asked him why he does this since that is NOT what the left lane is for.  He said he feels more comfortable over there since he tends to drive to the left side of the lane he's in.  Also, he is left eye dominate.
Beer wenches are the best wenches!

Charlotte Rowan

I drive there if I am going faster than most traffic. It's annoying to drive behind slow people in the right lane and move over every 2 seconds to pass them. But if I'm in the left lane and someone behind me is going faster, I always move over to let them pass.
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

Synnovea

Quote from: Charlotte Rowan on July 11, 2008, 09:36:57 AM
I drive there if I am going faster than most traffic. It's annoying to drive behind slow people in the right lane and move over every 2 seconds to pass them. But if I'm in the left lane and someone behind me is going faster, I always move over to let them pass.

Same here.

Noble Dreg

I'm all for it...left lane for passing unless traffic is so heavy to require all lanes be used.  Only way I would accept such a plan is if they do what Germany does...Speed limits adjust with traffic levels.  Tail-gating is almost punishable by death!  Seriously, American drivers would not last two minutes on the auto-bahn without racking up several thousand dollars in fines.  (Go figure German driving enforcement is harsh, who woulda guessed?).  Slow drivers are a serious risk to safe traffic flow but no more so than the clod who thinks the left lane is his personal race track.

Perhaps an unpoular position but I would love to see a euro-enforcement plan enacted in my state.  Fines are severe and based on income.  The record speeding ticket was $103,000.00 written in Finland...to a president of Nokia if I remember correctly.
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

Tom

Quote from: Noble Dreg on July 11, 2008, 01:20:28 PM
Seriously, American drivers would not last two minutes on the auto-bahn without racking up several thousand dollars in fines.

Hey, that's not fair! I've driven all over Europe (and Asia) including Germany and never got so much as a second look from any traffic enforcement.

Just saying that some Americans know how to drive.

Oops, forgot to add the :)!
Thanks,

Tom

A.K.A. - Lady Serenas husband

ladiedragon

I'm all for it...left lane for passing unless traffic is so heavy to require all lanes be used.  Only way I would accept such a plan is if they do what Germany does...Speed limits adjust with traffic levels.  Tail-gating is almost punishable by death!  Seriously, American drivers would not last two minutes on the auto-bahn without racking up several thousand dollars in fines.  (Go figure German driving enforcement is harsh, who woulda guessed?).  Slow drivers are a serious risk to safe traffic flow but no more so than the clod who thinks the left lane is his personal race track.

Perhaps an unpoular position but I would love to see a euro-enforcement plan enacted in my state.  Fines are severe and based on income.  The record speeding ticket was $103,000.00 written in Finland...to a president of Nokia if I remember correctly.

Dreg I totally know what you are takling about with the audobaun (sp). We just got done watching a show on it, it was pretty intersting. And I agree with you about the adjustable speed limits, and the fine depending on how much money you have or make, or how ever they figure it out. They also said on this show that the people here in america would HAVE to change their driving mentality along for one thing. It was a few years older but sstill an intersting show.

Charlotte Rowan

Tail-gating is almost punishable by death! 

Now there's something I can get on board with... people driving so close to me that I can see their license plate in the rearview drive me CrAzY!!!  ::)

DeadBishop

Quote from: Charlotte Rowan on July 11, 2008, 03:43:22 PM

Now there's something I can get on board with... people driving so close to me that I can see their license plate in the rearview drive me CrAzY!!!  ::)

What's worse is the people that drive so close you can't see their plates, or headlights, for that matter.  Had that happen just the other day.  You'd have thought I was towing this guy down the road he was so close.  >:(

R/F.com member since 2003

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

In Colorado we have the "Don't drive in the left lane unless your passing law". It's been around about 2 years now.

I've had people drive so close I can't see there bumper let alone a licence plate. I've even had a few I could not see their grill. Now that's bad... and to close
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

renren

Quote from: Lady de Laney on July 11, 2008, 05:05:39 PM
In Colorado we have the "Don't drive in the left lane unless your passing law". It's been around about 2 years now.

I've had people drive so close I can't see there bumper let alone a licence plate. I've even had a few I could not see their grill. Now that's bad... and to close

Wow!

Up here, we get the "cross the highway without even looking" B.S.
Don't know how some people have survived as long as they have!!
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Charlotte Rowan

Quote from: Deadbishop on July 11, 2008, 04:23:10 PM
Quote from: Charlotte Rowan on July 11, 2008, 03:43:22 PM

What's worse is the people that drive so close you can't see their plates, or headlights, for that matter.  Had that happen just the other day.  You'd have thought I was towing this guy down the road he was so close.  >:(

Oops, "can't". That's what I meant to say!

Just Randall

I don't like tailgaters. But they don't like me either. I brake for tailgaters. Hard. It's fun to watch them lock up their brakes to avoid hitting me. They usually get the message. Never had one hit me yet.

And for those wondering, I live across the street from TRF, and drive an '83 silver and black El Camino. You have been warned. ;D
Mediocrity is the refuge of the unimaginative...

SirRichardBear

There is a short science fiction story from the 1960's called Offensive driving.  Its an alternate history story were all ACLU treats the second amendment like the first and all autos are required to be armed and armoured.   Tailgaters don't last long they tend to end up eating 50 cal rounds from the person they are tailgating.  If you can find it its a fun read.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin