News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Lighting a candle for my Mom

Started by Molden, July 13, 2008, 09:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molden

Mom had been fighting what she thought was bronchitis. Along with that she was having some pretty serious chest pain. After a long enough period, they did some chest x-rays and a CT scan and so forth...

She found out Friday that there was an orange-sized growth in the upper lobe of her left lung. Making it worse, it was growing around, and restricting blood flow of her left main pulmonary artery. Her doctor believes she will require immediate surgery. It will essentially be an open-heart procedure.

I have been fortunate in that both of my parents have been in relatively good health the last several years. Frankly, this scares the hell out of me, as it is my Mom to whom I am closest in my family... I'm working to keep my fears at bay and focus instead on her recovery and healing.
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

CatAshtrophy

That's very scary. I'll be praying for you, your mother, and your family. I hope everything goes smoothly and that she will have a speedy recovery.

lady serena

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your Mom, may she recover quickly.
Guppy # 81
Fins up

QueenofDragons

Oh, I hope they are able to get it and that she has a good recovery! I can't imagine what your family is going through!

Anna Iram

Molden I'll be sure to keep you and your Mother in my prayers. I'll pass the word to those I know. Let us know when her surgery is scheduled.

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Molden my prayers are with you and your family. Praying for a speedy recovery.
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Blue66669

All of the candles at Skycastle Manor are lit for you and your mother. We pray for a short ordeal and a speedy recovery.
Blaidd Drwg

RenRobin

Molden you and your mother and family are in my prayers.  Postive thoughts, keep thinking positive thoughts.
Loki-terr (in training)

Lady Brandy

Molden, a healing candle has been lit for your mom down here in Florida, and a candle for peace and strength for you as well.
...Remember, your friends are here for you - call at any time, for any reason, if you ever have need....
In this I am all things.

leinad

My Friend you have the strength offered, the thoughts and Prayer's, with Hope and petitions to the PTB from Both of us.
Leinad, Gen"Teer"man Ranger

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

Sending you prayers and peace my Darling. 
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

DeadBishop

Positive and healing thoughts for your mom, Molden. 

R/F.com member since 2003

Molden

Grammercy One and All. I can't imagine how she feels...I'm scared. I'm doing my best to be positive and upbeat.

Mom is to meet with the surgeon tomorrow afternoon. I suspect we'll find out more about next steps/timing. My suspicion is once we know, things will happen fast. Mom did say she would update us after the appointment. I will update you wonderful souls once I know more.

Thank You.
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

lordwriothsley

Molden,
Don't forget me hunny.You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers as well.May your mom have a safe and speedy recovery.Remember we may be a ren faire forum but as you can see we are all family and are here for one another as you see we are here for you as well.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Ginette

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your Mom!  Everything will be fine before you know it.
Weddings & Events at Sherwood Forest Faire.
PR for life!