News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

1774 Road Construction?

Started by RenStarr, October 20, 2014, 03:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RenStarr

Coming down this Friday, and I do remember something about road construction on 1774 coming out of Magnolia.  I was wondering if I should alter my normal route and come down 1774 from Plantersville.  Is the road conditions coming out of Magnolia much of an issue?  Any feedback from those of you that have already made the drive would be appreciated.
Spiced rum....hmmmmm
Greetings, try this.
Starr Gazzer.
2013 TRF AHE RenNado.....heck of a night

Lady Mac

Construction on that stretch has been ongoing for well over a year. At present only some of the cross streets are being closed for the widening and paving. Nichols Sawmill is closed there at the moment, which a two block turn down to the church makes for a non-issue. Basically same headache as last year but no worse.
Lady Mac's Horns, Canes @ Staffs
Every Lord needs a good stick...
Every Lady too.

RenStarr

Thanks for the feedback Lady Mac!  It will be my first trip this year as well as the first trip since last year.  I just wanted to know what to expect.
Spiced rum....hmmmmm
Greetings, try this.
Starr Gazzer.
2013 TRF AHE RenNado.....heck of a night

KiltedPrivateer

Anyone coming up 249 from Houston can continue to use that path if you're traveling before the weekend.  What you need to do is to stay in the right lane after you leave Tomball.  At the light for 149, take the right turn (it's the right turn only lane).  149 will lead you to 1488 just outside Magnolia.  Take a left on 1488 and continue to 1774.  Take a right on 1774 and continue on to faire.

This route will bypass the construction in downtown Magnolia, as well as the lower speed on that part of 1774.  On Saturday however, the traffic has been known to be backed up past the 149 turn off.  Though, this route still may be better than coming in on 1488 from I45.  And is definitely shorter than going all the way up to Conroe and coming back down 1774.
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

LadyJessica

Ehhhh...I take back roads from Katy which let me out at the Shell station just before faire...What once was at least an hour and 20 minute drive is now 45 minutes at the most.
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP
Director of Social Tourture for the Empire
Gneaitheas Gnomie (DG#290)

LadyStitch

I know coming from the north.  We stop at bucky's.  Then instead of taking I45, we take this side highway into a small town.  From there it is back roads, but cuts a good 45 minutes to an hour off our trip.  One of our people got lost  2 years ago and discovered it thanks to GPS.
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.