News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Bristol Faire Friends Coming to Texas Festival?

Started by SirEdward, October 28, 2014, 10:27:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirEdward

My home, local faire is the Bristol Renn Faire, where I am a (4th year) member of Friends of the Faire.

Last month I was at King Richard's Faire in Carver, MA. In two weeks (11/15-16) I will be at the Texas Renn Festival.

I am looking for anyone (who dresses) from the Bristol Renn Faire who will be at the Texas Renn Fest Nov. 15-16.  I'd love to meet up, and possibly walk the Texan realm together if you'd be open to that.

Gramercy
Sir Edward Cavendish: 2nd Earl of Plainfield. Lord of all lands and manors appertaining thereto. Father to Sir Jonathan: Baron of Holly, and Master Wellington of Beefe.

KiltedPrivateer

My wife is from Milwaukee.  She took me to the Bristol faire not long after we got together.  Unfortunately, we will not be at TRF that weekend.  Sure hope y'all have a ton of fun.
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

Crimson

A friend of mine, Jeff Cohen, is a Wisconsin badger and Chicago native.  Bristol was his home faire for years until he moved to Austin just a few years ago.  He is at TRF most weekends taking pictures.  You can find him on Facebook.  Message me if you'd like more info.
Lady Crimson Cadena

Clan of the Celtic Rogues
TRF
Sherwood Forest Faire (Home faire)

"I know who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then" - Alice

BarbarianQueen

I would love to hear more about the Bristol faire! Ill be visiting there with friends next year, looking forward to it.
It would be interesting to hear your comparison of the two after you have spent a weekend at TRF. Let me know if you want need a Barbarian guard retinue, or just want to swap stories over some Loki or mead :)

Will check back for your trip report!

SirEdward

Quote from: KiltedPrivateer on October 28, 2014, 11:27:28 AM
My wife is from Milwaukee.  She took me to the Bristol faire not long after we got together.  Unfortunately, we will not be at TRF that weekend.  Sure hope y'all have a ton of fun.
Thanks for replying, sorry so long to look back in. I'll have a great time, love Renn Faires.
Sir Edward Cavendish: 2nd Earl of Plainfield. Lord of all lands and manors appertaining thereto. Father to Sir Jonathan: Baron of Holly, and Master Wellington of Beefe.

SirEdward

QuoteMy wife is from Milwaukee.  She took me to the Bristol faire not long after we got together.  Unfortunately, we will not be at TRF that weekend.  Sure hope y'all have a ton of fun.
Thanks for the reply, hope you enjoyed Bristol. I'm really looking forward to this weekend at TRF.

SirEdward

Quote from: Crimson on October 28, 2014, 06:18:27 PM
A friend of mine, Jeff Cohen, is a Wisconsin badger and Chicago native.  Bristol was his home faire for years until he moved to Austin just a few years ago.  He is at TRF most weekends taking pictures.  You can find him on Facebook.  Message me if you'd like more info.
Sent you a PM, hope to meet you and/or Jeff this weekend. First tankard on me.

SirEdward

Hi Crimson: You wrote,
Quote"A friend of mine, Jeff Cohen, is a Wisconsin badger and Chicago native.  Bristol was his home faire for years until he moved to Austin just a few years ago.  He is at TRF most weekends taking pictures.  You can find him on Facebook.  Message me if you'd like more info."
I just sent a PM, hope to be able to meet you and/or Jeff at TRF this weekend.

SirEdward

Hello Barbarian Queen: You wrote,
Quote"I would love to hear more about the Bristol faire! I'll be visiting there with friends next year, looking forward to it. It would be interesting to hear your comparison of the two after you have spent a weekend at TRF. Let me know if you want need a Barbarian guard retinue, or just want to swap stories over some Loki or mead."
Thanks for the kind reply and kind offers to meet up and/or a retinue at TRF this weekend. At Boston's King Richard's Faire I did have a small retinue made up of swordsman of the highest order. But, alas, they are off making war defending my realm from Turkish raiders, and I am, therefore, likely alone for the TRF.

I'd be happy to meet you at TRF this weekend for a round of our favorite beverages. (I'll need a place and time to find you.) I'd be happy to regale you with my tales of valor and stength at arms from the Bristol Renn faire.

And, furthermore, I'd be happy to meet you, your friends next year at Bristol to stroll about the village as a group. Fwiw, I do have a fierce looking black knight, near barbarian costume. Sadly, too much in weight and weaponry to bring on a flight down this weekend.  But I'll wear it at Bristol next year if you come as a barbarian. Btw, I know where the barbarians tend to gather at Bristol.

SirEdward

Hello TRF friends:  I need to post a long long overdue follow up to my first visit to TRF 2014. I attended the Nov. 15-16 weekend.  The weather was not the best, but I had a great time nonetheless. The chief highlight, of many really good shows and programs, for me was attending The King's Feast. Worth every coin in my bag.  What fun entertainment, what food, what endless tankards of ale!!!!  :o  If there were no other reason to I intend make a return trip to this years TRF for another go at The King's Feast