News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Duluth MN Tall Ships

Started by Obadiah Jib, July 30, 2008, 12:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obadiah Jib

Any one headed to Duluth to see the Tall Ships?
First Mate of the Portobello Rose.
I'm not the captain, I just dress better than he does.

Obadiah Jib

Had a great time but never made it on the ships!  Over a 3 hour wait just to get on the ships and we couldn't move more than 5 feet without a request for a photo.  I have NEVER had so many people want to get pictures taken with a pirate!

Robert Phoenix

Wanted to go but had trouble with the van.  Ended up going to the faires in Park Falls (insert Ben Stein whee) and Saxon (insert double whee with added sarcasm).  I did however get to see the replica of the Nina last year in Ashland.  No wait and we got to look as long as we wanted. I was so tempted to leave with the ship since they were looking for volunteers but the wife wouldn't let me.  Something about bills to pay.  No idea what she's talking about. I like the idea of dressing up as a pirate though.  Have to try that next time.  Maybe I could dress as Capt Jack and try to highjack the ship.

renren

We went, on sunday, after it rained..still waited for an hour and a half.
But it was so worth it! Loved it!
Saw 2 of the 3 ships!

Never thought I would feel so "at home" on a ship! :)
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

DeadBishop

Really bummed I had to miss this, but actually got to see some pictures in the lab from other people who had been up that way.

BTW...anyone who was up there, please share some photos!

R/F.com member since 2003

Obadiah Jib

The Capt had the camera DB so I don't when I will see the photos he took.