News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Opening Weekend Invasion

Started by Quiet One, May 14, 2008, 07:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

A rambling Frenchman, noooooo say it isn't so Monseur!   ;)
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

Terry Griffith

Speaking of rambling Frenchmen, when are we going to see your smiling face in a picture instead of that leetle bloody x, DuCoeur?

"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

Arianwyn

Greetings all....and thank you for the warm and welcoming comments friends!

Here I was all calm and cool,  just popping in to take a peek at the forums...and WHAM!!! caught the excitement bug...just love it...and can't wait to see all of you. 

Arianwyn

Capt. Morgan

8 days, 18 hours, 31 minutes and 39, 38, 37....seconds until....

OPENING WEEKEND!!!!  :o
I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.

I will have Lady Hawke on the Hill with me for the weekend's festivities including Friday night's festivities.  :)

Terry Griffith

Quote from: Scotsman on June 02, 2008, 09:00:42 AM
Quote from: Terry Griffith on May 16, 2008, 04:59:44 PM
I will be there to check things out before I come back as a The Irish Troubadour.  Accompanying me will be Siobhan O'Driscoll (Countess Westmorland in another shire).  It will be our first visit and we are anxiously looking forward to the experience and meeting the residents of Avaloch.

Terry, are you going to be preforming at this faire or just visiting? Maybe we can get you to serenade the tailgate if nothing else ;D We can make it worth your while ::)

Scotsman, I just got an "OK" from Scott.  I shall be there with a guitar.  Being with my dear friends will make it well worth my while and a sufficient incentive.  What hour will the festivities commence in the parking lot?

"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

Scarlett

Quote from: Terry Griffith on June 26, 2008, 10:57:30 PM
Quote from: Scotsman on June 02, 2008, 09:00:42 AM
Quote from: Terry Griffith on May 16, 2008, 04:59:44 PM
I will be there to check things out before I come back as a The Irish Troubadour.  Accompanying me will be Siobhan O'Driscoll (Countess Westmorland in another shire).  It will be our first visit and we are anxiously looking forward to the experience and meeting the residents of Avaloch.

Terry, are you going to be preforming at this faire or just visiting? Maybe we can get you to serenade the tailgate if nothing else ;D We can make it worth your while ::)

Scotsman, I just got an "OK" from Scott.  I shall be there with a guitar.  Being with my dear friends will make it well worth my while and a sufficient incentive.  What hour will the festivities commence in the parking lot?

That's great Terry!  SOME folks plan to get festivities started around 8:00 - 8:30, while OTHERS are targeting a 9:00 start.   

Mimosas - They're Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
SWG, Chapter 1, co-founding member

Scotsman

Terry, it is indeed good news ... and the ladies swoon!

Looking forward to next week ... are we there yet!

*maybe we can do a duet of "The Devil went down to Georgia" together .... I will bring my best Kermit the Frog voice!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Charity Morgan

Oh this is shaping up to be one grand opening weekend!  I don't get much chance to look around on the forum anymore so if I missed this just - well, flog me...
Is anything going on Friday night?  What, where, when?  Cause I'm sure many of us are driving in early enough to get together. 

And Scotsman...about the mead....it's all for you now...my darlin' Sir Wulf will only be making the mead now since he can't really partake (it just doesn't go well with the chemo!) so more for us! Practice those songs...and leave your kilt down!

Charity Morgan ~ Morgans Bounty
Purveyor of questionably acquired treasures.

Scotsman

Quote from: Charity Morgan on June 27, 2008, 06:18:43 AM
And Scotsman...about the mead....it's all for you now...my darlin'

OMG .... Lady Guinness is going to kill me! We still have a bottle at the house we have been saving for a special occasion. We can't wait to see you two ... and I will try to keep my kilt down  ;D
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

DuCoeur

I tend to ramble on and on when excited...or wound up...or aroused or...errr.  Never  mind!!!
As for the picture.  I seem to be having some issues with being able to post one.  I love my MAC but sometimes with HTML it gets a bit hinky.  I will continue working on it though...

Charity I can not wait to see you and Sir Wulf.  This will be such a happy reunion.

Arianwyn..how can you not get caught up in all of the excitement.  With this group it is infectous...the excitement that is...Nothing else (I have papers). 

See what I mean about the rambling...sheesh(Foot in mouth up to the ankle).
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

Quote from: DuCoeur on June 27, 2008, 10:59:31 AM
I tend to ramble on and on when excited...or wound up...or aroused or...errr.  Never  mind!!!

See what I mean about the rambling...sheesh(Foot in mouth up to the ankle).

Loaded gun sword we've got here folks...and he's flexible too!  heehee   ;)

Lady Guinness

Terry~ Awesome!!!!! I can not wait.
Charity~ I can not wait to give both of you a huge hug....we are going to have an amazing weekend.
             We certainly do need to set something up for Friday night.
DuCoeur~ lol.....you do tend to get excited about faire and thats one reason you are  loved by all !!!!!

DuCoeur

...and he's flexible too!  heehee   ;)
[/quote]

Flexible???  Hmmmm?!?  Surely Mademoiselle you are refering to my ability to Relate and interact with all kinds of people...and animals. lol.

And Lady Guinness...Thank you chere.  I do get excited about Faire.  It is my Football, March Madness, NASCAR, season all rolled into a, very short, few months.  And getting to share it with all of you, Makes it so exciting and special...

ok from excitable to sappy...Just a whirlwind of emotions I am.
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.