News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Opening Weekend Invasion

Started by Quiet One, May 14, 2008, 07:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Tinker

Quote from: Capt. Morgan on June 30, 2008, 08:18:03 AM
NASCAR... ::)

Oh look...another left hand turn....and another....oh, and another....

*cups hand to ear*

Can you hear that? I think I can hear "Faire" approaching!!!

Captain, Oh my Captain Morgan,
after thy statement on hear'n faire approach'n, me Belle and me can no longer lurk and watch all thee excitement build and not say-

Is It Faire Yet !!!

not sure about hear'n it, but we sure can smell and taste it, only another five days of brew'n, and me thinks it will be ready to consume  ;D
see all our good friends soon  8)
as always, travel safe, travel far,
i be the Old Tinker and his Belle...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

Scotsman

Lady Guinness and I are so ready ... the car is practically already packed up in anticipation. Don't be surprised if we hit the parking lot at faire around 4 AM just to smell the grass and run around with our shoes off ... yup, it is just like that!

ARE WE THERE YET!!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Lady Guinness

Scotsman!! I thought that was our little secret!  ;)   You would think this was our first faire of the season for the amount of excitement Scotsman and I have for this weekend... there is something magical about this faire and to have so many of our friends in one location is priceless. I will warn everyone now------BE PREPARED TO BE HUGGED!!!!!!

DuCoeur

Sorry Anne, Mikayla NASCAR is jsut not my thing...

But I can almost taste Faire approaching...you would think is my first Faire EVER!!!

I am standing behind Lady Guinness with Hugs...After she gets hers of course...And yes Scotsman you big lug...I may even hug you...you teddy bear you.  HA!!!

I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

BeerBlessings

Quote from: Scarlett on June 23, 2008, 01:25:45 PM
Quote from: Scotsman on June 23, 2008, 09:18:18 AM
NO ... Not the STOCKS! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!  :-[

They are actually kind of good for the back ... my problem is they detract from my pub time  ;D

We can ask beer Beer Blessings Dave to come to your aid in the stock with the beer hookah!  See that - I'm always thinking.

Sheesh, I finally get to these forums to register to find someone talking about me!

See you all in the parking lot!

Bugsy

Elvish dragonfly
Castleteer
Bugs'n M'Crack Clan O'Maille
sister of Lady Pegos

Scotsman

Hey, DuCoeur finally got his Avatar squared away ... now I can see who I'm talking to!

BTW, I will be standing behind DuCueur who will be standing behind Lady Guinness ... instead of hugs I will be holding a beer for each of you  ;)
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Lady Nicolette

I'm with you there in spirit, especially now that I can picture the Faire from my visit last year!
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

Athena

Nickie, you will be missed this year! See you in September!

Dave, welcome to R/F, see you Saturday!
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Lady Guinness

So many hugs to give!! I am so excited I just had to check in early today. Scotsman~ a Smithwicks please! (ok, no jokes...it is a Guinness product!)

GypsyWriter

Quote from: BeerBlessings on June 30, 2008, 10:44:31 PM
Quote from: Scarlett on June 23, 2008, 01:25:45 PM
Quote from: Scotsman on June 23, 2008, 09:18:18 AM
NO ... Not the STOCKS! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!  :-[

They are actually kind of good for the back ... my problem is they detract from my pub time  ;D

We can ask beer Beer Blessings Dave to come to your aid in the stock with the beer hookah!  See that - I'm always thinking.

Sheesh, I finally get to these forums to register to find someone talking about me!

See you all in the parking lot!

Well, greetings, Preacher Dave!  And welcome to the R/F forum (finally!)  Looking forward to seeing you this week end.  I hope you remember to bring your staff.  ;)
You will do foolish things, but do them with enthusiasm.
--Colette

Old Tinker

most have seen this in thee past, but me thinks it should be shown again so that if by chance any lass at GLMF happens to see a "Scotsman" lay'n by thee roadside, they will know what to expect uh do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ptgP6C7snk

four days "On The Road Again'-
i be the Old Tinker and his Belle...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

Scotsman

I can say I have earned every blue ribbon I have received!

I love the clip Tink  ;D
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Athena

Quote from: GypsyWriter on July 01, 2008, 12:54:39 PM
Well, greetings, Preacher Dave!  And welcome to the R/F forum (finally!)  Looking forward to seeing you this week end.  I hope you remember to bring your staff.  ;)

;D

And your beer goggles!
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

Had it not been for NASCAR, I would not have moved to the Carolinas, had I not moved to the Carolinas I would not have met the Rennie that helped inspire me to get back to Faire, so you can either thank NASCAR for my presence @ Faire and on this forum, or curse it!  Thar ya have it folks, 6 degrees of separation style!   ;)
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."