News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

500th Anniversary

Started by VIII, April 07, 2009, 01:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VIII

In 1509, the 18-year-old Henry Tudor ascends the throne and is crowned King Henry VIII.
In 2009, Scarborough Faire will have a re-coronation of King Henry VIII.
It will take place at 1:30 p.m. on Sunday, May 3rd, under the canopy of Pecan Grove (since Scarborough doesn't have a cathedral).
We promise as much Pomp and Pageantry as we can muster.
Former King Henry VIII
Renaissance Magazine Issue #66 Cover Boy

Zaubon

Sorry, but you don't look very 18 anymore.

Your Grace

1st Duke of Somerset

dleighb

At least he doesn't look 500!  :)

Dana
a.k.a. Lady Mary Brandon

Captain Kilian

That sounds like an awesome event!
"I'd like to thank all the little people...that just never saw it coming." - Me
Royal Order of the Landshark, Guppy 14

Element of Air

Royal Duchess of Air, Music and Beauty in the court of Queen Bonnie.
FOKTOP
Royal Order of Landsharks, Guppy No. 25

SirRichardBear

Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

VIII

Quote from: Zaubon on April 07, 2009, 01:39:44 PMSorry, but you don't look very 18 anymore.
I'm NOT sorry!  It took me YEARS to look like this and I regret none of them (except 1984 and that bad haircut)!
It's not a re-enactment, Mr. smarty-kilt, :P it's a re-coronation.

Quote from: dleighb on April 07, 2009, 01:55:04 PMAt least he doesn't look 500!  :)
Dana
a.k.a. Lady Mary Brandon

Thats my pal!  Thank YOU, Dana! ;D

Listen to Blackmore's Night 2001 Album "Fires at Midnight" song "The Crowning of the King" as well as most of their music.  It just sets the mood for the Renaissance Faires!
Former King Henry VIII

midnightferret

Congrats on the re-coronation, VIII! I hope I can be there! *HUGS*

I saw you this past weekend when I was getting some ice with Queen Bonnie, and I was so excited! It was all I could do not to squeal "Hey, Kingy, I luuuuuurves youuuuuu!"

So I will really try to behave when you are re-coronated. I won't squeal or anything.

*stop waving frantically at the King, yer supposed to bow! hey, stop trying to hug the King, yer supposed to bow! geez. Yer pretty hopeless. No wonder yer named after a small weasely animal...*

LadyElizabeth

WOW!!!  I sooo wish I could see that, it sounds WONDERFUL!!!  Ok, I'm such a big dork here, but do you have a coronation robe similar to the one used then?  Are people going to take lots of pics for me?  VIII, are you going to give the real speech given at the coronation??

I've always thought it would be pretty cool to stage this for QE1, I would love to have the similar gowns and do her speech and all.... so I can imagine that this is a pretty awesome moment!!
Queen Elizabeth the 1st
Champagne the Bubbly
Bubbles the Fairy
Frost the Arctic Barbarian
Red the pirate

Queen Bonnie

Huzzah! I WISH I could be there to celebrate with you VIII! What a glorious day it will be!
I remember my own online coronation. Alas! Lost to hackers when R/F crashed.- But I still have my wee Crown!
Long live the King!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

CassandraR

That is too cool- and kind of special. 

I won't be there that weekend, so someone needs to take lots of pics and share that special moment with us.  Really, VII, grats on getting to be "the one" who gets to recreate this moment.  Or get re-coronated...is that a word?  Anyway, think of all the VIII's out there from the past who don't get to experience this.  Kind of makes you want to rub it in their face and do that Na-Na dance...well, I mean maybe some people...

*watches SirRichardBears Video*  Ohhhhh are you going to dress in armor for us *grins*
Loved by the gods
Cursed by the gods
Entangler of men
Confuser of men
It's always a good day to be Cassandra

Aiacha

Man, I'm planning to come up the weekend before.  I wonder if I could survive a early morning drive up from Houston on sunday morning to see.

VIII

I'm sure we will have a few photos *cough-STALKWELL-cough* of the event.
Now, if only we can have a few dedicated videos made...
Former King Henry VIII

Master Benjamin

how long will the re-coronation take?
Scotsman, Reiver, Smuggler
***DOWN WITH TAXES***