News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Countdown

Started by Phelyp, Lord Maydestone, July 20, 2009, 07:33:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sitara

We used to sign in at the costume shack and get day passes at the booth next to it.  Now I am told we no longer need to sign in there.  I believe we are either doing a radio sign in or sign in behind Foaming.  Do you know about the Ale Tenders meeting and pub clean?  That's where we will finalize pub assignments and be told all the pertinent info.  It is at Foaming, Aug. 15th at noon.  There will be a meeting, food and beer.  We will also clean all the pubs and do any last minute repairs and such.
Beer wenches are the best wenches!

Charlotte Rowan

Thanks for that info... no, I pretty much haven't received any information. I got the newsletter that said there was training or something on August 8 (?) but I had no idea about anything else. Sigh... thanks for keeping me informed, Sitara!

Hmm... so if we sign in behind Foaming of via radio, do we get passes elsewhere to get on the grounds....?
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

Muffin

Quote from: Charlotte Rowan on July 24, 2009, 01:23:25 PM
Thanks for that info... no, I pretty much haven't received any information. I got the newsletter that said there was training or something on August 8 (?) but I had no idea about anything else. Sigh... thanks for keeping me informed, Sitara!

Hmm... so if we sign in behind Foaming of via radio, do we get passes elsewhere to get on the grounds....?

Hi!

There is a Shakopee Jaycee page on Facebook, I got on that one so I could stay on top of the info.. I don't have access to it from here, but if you go on my page, you should be able to find it pretty easy..

When you enter through B gate you will be able to get a one day paper pass if needed...  ;D

A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Charlotte Rowan

Thanks Muffin! I'll look into the Facebook page. I just feel like I'm missing something..!

Sitara

There is also a message board on www.shakopeejaycess.com and a Yahoo group called "Ale Tales"  It is better to be signed up for those than to rely on the newsletter.

edited due to the fact that I apparently cannot spell jaycees
Beer wenches are the best wenches!

Charlotte Rowan

Quote from: Sitara on July 24, 2009, 02:12:02 PM

edited due to the fact that I apparently cannot spell jaycees

hehhe :)

Thank you, thank you! I will sign up for the Yahoo group, that should help.

Tarac

When I was out there last weekend at the shop the petting zoo people said they were going to be parking in the grove now with the Animals or at least that was the last thing that he heard, The grounds looked so Barron last weekend except for the dump trucks and workers rebuilding the food booths by Bad Manor. :(
Scotch the only way to go

Captain Jack Wolfe

"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

chocolate_princess

20 days!!!!!!!!!!! ;D :D  :) :o :-\
What to wear, what to wear.
professional BRAT!!!

Dancer!!

a.k.a sockmonkeycowlady.

Marietta Graziella

Quote from: sockmonkeycowlady on August 02, 2009, 03:56:33 AM
20 days!!!!!!!!!!! ;D :D  :) :o :-\
What to wear, what to wear.

"Nobody said we had to wear pants!"   ;)
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Capt. Bacardi

BLOODY HELL!!!!
..It is only a flesh wound..
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Marietta Graziella

*pst, Bacardi...  Dreg's, live version.  Frost.*
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Muffin

A Captains Wench

Ette

Captain Jack Wolfe

For some of us, it's pants or nothing.  :o :D
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Muffin

Quote from: Mad Jack Wolfe on August 03, 2009, 09:36:58 AM
For some of us, it's pants or nothing.  :o :D

*opens mouth then closes it quickly* I shall not say what I am thinking..  :D ;)

... Steve and I were on the grounds yesterday.. Lots of activity about with vendors fixing up their shops, etc.. The counter at Foaming looks all nice and shiny!! Must have been refinished!! YAY!!

Being out at fest before the season or after for that matter has a very different feel to it for sure.. A little creepy, but familiar at the same time.. Steve described it as a "ghost town" and that's just what it feels like..
A Captains Wench

Ette